The Story Of Us: Chapter 9

sorry i haven't uploaded in awhile, everythings been so busy...

enjoy :)

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V 

Jacinta's funeral was held the next day. 

When Carly told us the news, we all decided that Jacinta's body should be buried properly, in respect. So Becky-Lee called the police annonimously and told them where Jacinta lay, resting on the golden sand as if she were sleeping. 

The story of her death was all over the T.V the next day and it was all anyone talked about. Trying not to think about it was impossible, especially when the funeral was so close and still needed planning. After endless phone calls and a lot of tears, everything was finally ready.

**********************

"Abigail! It's time to go!" My dad called from outside. I gave one last glance in the mirror, pulling the sleeves of my cardigan down into the palm of my hand as I turned and walked out the door, closing it gently behind me. I climbed into the car and leant against the window, my breath leaving marks on the glass and blocking out the reflection of my brother's eyes, staring at me from behind.

We pulled up at the church 20 minutes before the ceremony was due to start, and I walked over to where the other girl's were standing with Jay and Kade, who looked awkward standing in the middle of a bunch of crying people. I went straight to Jay and hugged him tightly, completely forgetting everything on my mind and relaxing for the first time since Carly left the school yesterday. 

"It's time" A voice said from the door of the church, and everyone turned to look at each other, afraid to be the first one to take a step forward. Monica sighed from somwhere to my right and slowly glided into the building, and everyone followed her silent foot steps down the aisle to our seats in the first row. It was the prettiest church I had ever been in: a long red carpet stretched down the middle and stained glass covered the walls. The benches you sat on were made of a mahogany wood and were the most uncomfortable chairs ever, but we sat down anyway, looking at our feet and trying to hold in our tears.

The funeral was over in no time, we had all said our speeches and said our final goodbyes to Jacinta. We exited the church together and stood in a tight group off to the side, Elise hugging Kade, Becky-Lee hugging Carly and Monica hugging Jadee who had turned up at the start of the ceremony. I lay down on the grass where we were all standing and the others copied me, and we started to share stories about Jacinta. Jadee had the most because she knew her the longest, and the rest of us lay in silence and watched the sky slowly darken. 

If Jacina was there, it would have been a perfect day.