The Story Of Us: Chapter 4

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V

"Hey...where's elise?" Becky-Lee asked, doing a quick head count and working out who was missing.

"She went home" I replied, desperate for her to be quiet so that Crystal and i could keep listening to Troy's conversation with Jackson behind us. Jackson is the class clown, who has a reputation for having a lot more friends that are girls, rather than guys, who all seem to think he is gay.  We were in another sewing class, where everyone just talks. The teacher doesn't mind, as long as we get our work done and nobody gets hurt.

"So Troy, who do you like?" Jackson asked, sliding up onto the desk. 

"Nobody, actually" Troy replied casually, and i felt a funny feeling wash through my stomach. Not so long ago, there had been a few rumours that Troy liked me, and i had never actually found out if they were true or not.

I dropped my sewing needle on purpose, and with a quick glance at Crystal i climbed under the desk after it, trying to hide my red face. 

"Abigail!" Crystal coughed, a subtle message to Troy. He turned and gave her a weird look, before swirling in his chair to face his sewing maching again. 

"Yeah, that's right buddy, you heard me. You like Abigail!" Crystal hissed, and i felt the stares on the back of my neck. I came out from under the desk, hoping noody would notice my sudden re-appearance. Not a chance.

"Ooh, look Troy! Abigail is blushing!" Jackson yelled. Troy looked at me and gave me an embarassed smile, before we both turned our attention back to our work. All I could hear was Crystal's soft giggles beside me, and after awhile i joined in.

That girl is crazy.

****************

BECKY-LEE'S P.O.V

I can't believe someone was calling me at 3 in the morning. I mean, seriously. 

At first I thought it was a dream, but nope, my phone was definately vibrating. I lazily patted my desk until i found my phone and pulled it to my face, squinting at the light. The name 'Troy' flashed across the screen in bright pink and purple lights, and for a second i thought about ignoring the call. 

"Hello?" I asked, deciding that if it was a prank call I could always kick his butt at school tomorrow.

"Are you awake?"

"No." I grumbled, my voice croaky and dry.

"Good, I need to talk to you" He replied, completely ignoring what I had just said.

"Yeah?"

"I like Crystal...and I don't know if I should tell her or not"

I dropped my phone on my face in surprise, and swore loudly. After all those months of pulling faces at us, it was because he liked Crystal.

It was so obvious, I realised. How had I not noticed that before?

"Yeah, I think you should tell her" I replied, rubbing my cheek where my phone had fallen.

That's one story she would love to hear.