Because Pain demands to be felt

It's a Tuesday afternoon and I decided to take a walk in busy streets of New York, It's my 2nd day here. I'll be here for a month, and also just in time for Yassi and Andre's wedding. 

Don't ask me, I was surprised too. I never knew Andre proposed, or even planned to. 

I'm not used to the weather, I stopped on the corner ; rubbed and blew my palms. It made me stop breathing, doing this, made me think of her. 

I shifted my eyes on a couple seated on the beach not so far from. 

Is that Nadine? 

Is that the guys who's always linked to her?

Ar-Are they kissing!? 

I'm pretty sure that's Nadine, seeing her giggling, holding another guy's hand. The sparkle on her eyes. It's everything. 

Ang tagal na niyang hindi nakita yun. 

He's catching his breath; She looks so good, She looks more beautiful, I didn't even know that's impossible because she's drop dead gorgeous when we were together. 

But look at her, so different. She looks so professional. 

I've always heard about her, magazines, tabloids, the hollywood buzz. She's a part time model in hollywood. She's making her own name. 

Finally, Nadine. Not JADINE. 

//

'So ano na James?' Yassi asked on the other line. 

He decided to call Yassi who's about to board her plane to JFK. He's telling her how painful t is to see Nadine with someone else. 

'I-I don't know' he shook his head and bit his lip with all the frustrations 

'Yan kasi, You broke her heart real bad, James' She explained

'But she broke my heart too.' 

'She was doing it for you guys! She needed a project, you were supposed to marry each other, she's doing it for your future.' 

'I was supposed to handle everything' He took a deep breath 

'You were a team James, you know that. She wanted to take all the projects she can because you promised each other to quit showbizness after you tie knot.' 

James didn't say anything. 

'She was trying to build your future, your future family. But what? you got mad. You didn't considered anything.' 

'I'll be fine' He assured Yassi. 'Matagal na yun, we closed that chapter a long time a go.' 

'If you say so' Yassi rolled her eyes. 'Sige na, mag-boboarding na kami, I'll see you okay?' 

// 

I accepted Ivan's invitation at Bossa Nova Civic Club, to just catch up and drink. 

I needed one too. 

'Soooo, how's it going man?' Ivan asked and drank another shot 

James sighed. 'Well, I'm okay.' He simply said. 

'Okay, As in Okay?' Ivan confusingly asked. 

Alam na alam niya, na hindi. It's been two years, he's been recklessly broken. Worst than the Ericka break up. More careless. 

'What do you expect, man?' James asked and rolled his eyes. 

'I mean, you're in New York.' Ivan said. 'You do kno-'