Unsure

Weeks passed by, the whole gang was busy helping Yassi and Andre, because their wedding was such a short notice. Nadine was the one who was quite helping a lot because she has all these connections in New York.

It has been steady with James and Nadine, everyone noticed how they usually talk and have their own world everytime they get together. No one had the guts to ask them what's going on because the last time they checked, They hated each other. 

'Yas, ano bang nakain nang dalawang 'to?' Trisha asked while checking the invitations. 

'Nako, Don't ask me, pati ako, nagugulohan. Makakaire ako nang wala sa oras.' Yassi shooked her head. 

'Pero uy, I think this is one step ahead of getting back with each other noh?' Kian said while checking the materials to be used in the reception. 

'Don't keep your hopes up guys, alam mo naman si Nadz, diba? Di natin yan nababasa, kahit gaano kami ka close, I can't read her.' Yassi said. 

'Well, she's good in hiding her feelings.' Lauren said while eating a piece of cupcake. 'Teka, why are the guys not helping out? I thought this get together is all about preparations, why are they playing xbox?' Lauren looked at Ish who's beside James.

'Para talagang mga bata' Kiana glanced at Sam 

'Hayaan mo na, Pero guys.' Trisha whispered. 'Si Nadine at si James, tingnan niyo, may sariling mundo nanaman.' 

All the girls looks at their direction together. 

'Huy! Huwag kayong magpahalata!' Trisha said. 

'Gaga! Sabi mo tingnan namin!' Kiana held her laughter.

'Hindi ko sinabing sabay!' Trisha fought back

'Shhh! Ingay ingay niyo! Sige na, help me choose the the flowers na nga' Yassi rolled her eyes.

~

After so many hours, everyone gathered in the living room because Andre and Yassi ordered pizza for everyone. 

Trisha sat beside Lauren who's beside Ish, Kiana's beside Sam, Bret, Jude and Henz were sitting on the other corner of the living room while Yassi and Andre along with James and Nadine sat together. 

'So kasi I'm smelling something fishy, at hindi ito dahil buntis ako.' Yassi looked at James and Nadine's direction. 'What is it with you two?' Yassi raised one eyebrow

Everyone was looking at them while they both felt the tension. 

'May mali ba?' Nadine asked. 

'Yeah? Is there something wrong?' James also said.

'Wow, you just translated it to english, bro.' Andre jokingly said and after that, he received a death glare from Yassi making him shut his mouth.

"I'm not saying there's something wrong, what I mean is, you guys being so close all of a sudden.' Yassi explained. 

James cleared his throat and nodded. 'We've talked it out.' James looked at Nadine

'Talked about what? You're giving your relationship another try?' Lauren confusling asked. 

'What? No.' Nadine said. 

'We've talked about being friends, and setting all those negativity behind.' James explained. 

Everyone sighed and looked at each other. 

'Nandito nanaman tayo sa Just friends, parang ang familiar?' Henz teased.

'Guys, just. shutup. Kain na tayo please?' Sam changed the topic because helf Nadz and James feels uncomfortable. 

~

After dinner everyone parted ways after saying their goodbyes. While it's Nadine's turn to say hers, her phone suddenly rang. 

She grabbed her phone and knew who was calling of course; Cameron. 

'Cam' Nadine said. Making James looked at her direction, this was the first time he barged in after weeks of being finally friends again. He didn't know what to feel? 

He's also in a relationship with Julia, and he's constantly communicating with her, but not as much as before; before Nadine happened.. again. 

'I miss you too!' Nadine said giggling and it changed his mood. 'When are you coming back from LA?' She asked. 'Okay, love you too' She locked her phone and slit it to her back pocket.

She said her good byes and she turned into his direction. 'Are you coming?' 

James cleared his throat and smiled. 'Yeah' he nodded and said his goodbyes. 

They walked to Nadine's car, and James sat on the passenger's seat. Nadine turned the engine one, and smiled at him before driving. 

'So, saan punta mo ngayon?' Nadine asked. 'Grabbing some drinks?' 

'Uhhh, no plans at all. Might just sleep' James chuckled. 'you?'

Nadine sighed. 'Wala eh' 

'Ahh, Is it because he's in LA?' James asked out of nowhere. He regretted bringing him up. 

'Bakit mo alam?' Nadine asked raising one brow

'I overheard you earlier.' James smiled. 'I'm sorry'

Nadine nodded. 'Well, yeah. He's the only drinking buddy I have.' 

James looked at Nadine. 'Well, you have me now.' 

Nadine paused. 'Are you sure?' She asked. 'I mean, I'm not saying we'll do it tonight because I have work tomorrow, but you sure you want to drink with me?' 

James laughed. 'I'm positive, even if I know how hot mess you are when you're drunk.' 

'Huy, hindi ah.' Nadine shyly said. 

'Deny pa, Naddie.' James said 

Naddie? Nadine asked herself. 

'I mean Nadine.' James corrected. 

Nadine smiled. 'Sige na nga, nagiging gaga ako pag nakainom.' She rolled her eyes. 'Ohh, you happy na?' She looked at James who is already looking at her. 

'Where's your office? I wanna visit you tomorrow.' James said. 

'Just across my apartment, but hindi ako sa office bukas.' Nadine smiled. 'May shoot ako for Elle magazine.' She shyly said.

'Wow, Elle magazine?' James' eye widened

Nadine slowly nods. 

'That's big!' James happily said. 'I want to watch!' He requested. 

'Ha? eh, huwag na' Nadine said. 'Magkita nalang tayo after' 

'Fine.' James rolled his eyes. 

Because the traffic was so bad, it's taking them 2 hours just to get to James' hotel.

'So, kayo ni Julia. Kamusta?' Nadine asked. 

James paused for a while and raised his shoulders. 'I think we're alright.' 

Nadine looked at him. 'Anong klaseng sagot yan?' She laughed. 'You sound so unsure.' 

James tried to avoid any eye contact with Nadine at the moment. 

'Well, I'am unsure.' James said. 

Specially when you came.. came back. He told his self.