Breathe

"I see your face in my mind as I drive away,

Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.

People are people, and sometimes we change our minds.

But it's killing me to see you go after all this time".

It's one rainy day in New York city, what's new? She curled up in her thick comforter and closed her eyes one more time trying to contemplate all her feelings. 

"Music starts playin' like the end of a sad movie,

It's the kinda ending you don't really wanna see.

Cause it's tragedy and it'll only bring you down,

Now I don't know what to be without you around".

It's been two years, two fucking years. Yet she's still in pain. Still empty and broken. She hates rainy days, it makes her feel empty - emptier instead. Why the hell did she actually decide to move in New York, it's always gloomy here. Depressing!

"And we know it's never simple, never easy.

Never a clean break, no one here to save me.

You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand" 

She has been rebuilding herself for the past two years, trying to have her strength back. She's done reading all the 'moving on' quotes or all the 'TOTGA' article on Thoughcatalogue.com. She drank one too many tequilas for crying out loud! Why does it still hurt?!

 "And I can't breathe without you

But I have to.

Breathe without you

But I have to".

The day he walked away, finally deciding to leave everything behind- to leave her behind. Their dreams, wishes and ambitions in life. Everything, just that quick. His pride always surprises her as if she isn't used to it. It makes him do things, things that would always hurt her. So, so careless. That's what he wants to be right? Care fucking less. 

Nadine grabbed her phone and turned off spotify. This is why she doesn't wants to play the 'rainy day' playlist shit. Who made that anyways?! 

She tossed her phone and grabbed her macbook, trying to distract herself from all the thoughts that's lingering on her mind. 

She hates day offs.  She hates it when she's not doing any work. Because it distracts her, it makes her feel lonely and useless. 

All she has been doing is work and work and work. Leaving her mom worry sick about her. But she has always assured her mom that she's doing fine. 

Not to mention those random Saturday mornings when she wakes up on some random guys' bed. That, she hasn't and will never tell her mom about. 

After the issues, she left the Philippines. Her career and her family behind. She got all caught up by the pain. And she wanted revenge. She wants success without him. Success without depending to him. 

It was one painfull chapter of her life that she has already closed a long time a go. Gusto niyong malaman kung anong nangyari? 

Psh, you'll find out eventually. 

Her phone rang and 'Yassi Pressman' caller id popped out making her eyes roll. 

'Yas, diba sabi ko? Mahal yung international call' She lazily said. 

'Well, hello to you too." Yassi giggled. Fake giggled. 

'What is it now?' Nadine let go a sigh and rested her head on the headboard 

'Well, I just booked a flight to New York' she said it in a sing-song way. Which makes it annoying in my case 

'Ugh, whyyyyy' I jokingly whined. 

'Ouch! Grabe siya! Bakit ayaw mo kong makita!?' Yassi hissed with frustration 

'I never said I didn't want to see you, It's just that you know how busy I get with work.' Nadine explained. 'Hindi  kita masaydong ma aasikaso dito' 

'Sorry naman sa manager nang NYC Corporate Video Production Co. ha' Yassi jokingly said to make her feel guilty. 

'Hoy I never ever bragged about it!' Nadine rolled her eyes 

'Whatever Naddie-' 

'Ugh, don't call me Naddie!' She's annoyed. She hates that name, out of all the names. Don't call me that. Binaon ko na yan sa limot. 

'Ay sorry, Nadz pala.' Yassi laughed, teasing her. 'Well, hindi naman ikaw yung main reason kung bakit ako umuwi. It's Andre!' 

'Kayo parin?' Nadine bitterly asked 

'Of course! Ikaw ah, ang bitter mo!' Yassi said. 

'Okay, okay. Jeez. When's your flight?' 

'Bukas na!' Yassi said with excitement 

'Why so soon!?' Napaupo si Nadine nang maayos 

'Well~ There might be some spontainuos wedding coming up' 

Nadine's eyes grew wider... If that's even possible. Did she just heard it right? 'Wedding?' 

'Who's getting married!?' She asked. 

'Meeeee!' Yassi screamed making Nadine cover her mouth full of confusion. 

'teka bakit? ganun ganun nalang? When did he proposed!?' 

'I'll tell you as soon as I land there! I still have a shoot! Call you later ha!' 

//

Nadine's strolling around Central park with her hot coffee in her left hand and her phone in her right hand. 

Since she's on her day off, she didn't want to be stuck in her apartment drowning withh all her thoughts. 

She's meeting up with her friend. Cam, or should I say, Cameron Dallas. 

Since, Nadine's working in a big company, she have met a lot of big names, big names in hollywood. It's not new to her anymore, nasanay na siya. 

And it's good, it's good to be in a different environment. 

A lot have been thinking that Cam and Nadine is dating, but no. They're just friends, good friends. 

Kaya dahil doon, Nadine's quite popular parin. Specially in hollywood. When she's around with Cam, andaming paparazzi's. But she got used to it. 

Para namang hindi siya sanay, she's a big artist way back in the Philippines.