Not yet, Not now.

Nadine 

I just pulled over JFK, I checked the time and it's still 30 minutes earlier than Yassi's arrival. I decided to grab a coffee and wait for Yassi there. 

Same old same old, I ordered my favorite; Caramel Macchiato 

I took a sip, and let out a sigh. Hindi ko alam kung ba't ang uneasy ko ngayon. 

'Ano ba Nadine? Wala siya dito okay? chill ka lang' she told herself and opened her eyes. 

It was about time, she headed to the arrival area and patiently waited for Yassi to show up. 

My phone notified; and It was a message from Yassi

'I'm here, saglit nalang to.' 

Nadine smiled and locked her phone. 

When I finally saw Yassi, I waved my hand. 'Ya-'

'YASS!' A familiar voice behind me screamed. 'Yassi!' 

Yassi looked at me nervously and smiled. 'James?' Nadine confusingly said. 

'Nadine' he placed one hand in his pocket 'Hi'

'Anong ginagawa mo dito?' She asked

'Uh- to pick up Yassi' He replied and grabbed one of Yassi's luggage 

'Ha? I'm picking her up.' she justified 

'what?, she texted me to pick her up' His eyebrows furrowed 

'She called me to pick her up' Nadine crossed her arms and looked at Yassi.

'Te-teka lang guys' Yassi nervously said. 'What's important is nandito tayo, reunited' She smiled. 'Aren't you guys happy?' 

Nadine rolled her eyes. 'So, siya na bahala sa'yo? Aalis nalang ako' 

'Ha? No one's leaving! Let's have lunch, gutom na ako' Yassi pleaded. 

'Ah, may meeting ako.' Nadine tried to make an excuse.

'Liar' Yassi replied. 'James, lunch tayo ha?' she asked James who has been quiet the whole time.

'Uh, sure.' umiwas siya sa tingin ni Nadine, the tension was crazy 

'Good! Andre's gonna catch up.' Yassi said trying to cheer them up

'Haynako Yassi, hindi nga ako makakasama' Nadine grabbed Yassi's bag kasi medyo nahihirapan na si Yassi.

'Nadine, minsan lang kami dito. Please?' Yassi begged. 

'Fine, pero I have to leave agad ha.' Nadine said. 'Not buts na talaga!' 

// 

Andito kami sa AeroNuova, an Itilian Resort, malapit lang siya from the airport, kasi medyo nagugutom na talaga si Yassi, she came from a long flight din kase. 

Andre's here na, just like the old times. Ang dal-dal niya parin. Pero a lot has changed, medyo naging mature na yung topics, and hindi na kami ganun ka ingay kasi nga may awkwardness parin. 

And yes, magkatabi kami ni James, blame Yassi. 

'So ano na, When's the wedding? and why so sudden?' James asked after taking a sip from his wine. 

I studied his features, yung jawline nya mas firm na, his built, mas malaki na. His hair that used to black, ngayon brown na.  

'I'm 2 months pregnant' I was distracted from what Yassi said. 

'Ha!?' 

'What?!' 

James and I said, shocked. 

'Te-teka, I'm I hearing it right? You're pregnant?' She asked again. 

'Yes, hindi planado, pero it's a blessing' Yassi smiled and leaned on Andre

'And, We decided to take a break from showbiz, for our future family' Andre said. 

It made me remember everything, this is what we exactly dreamt, away from the lime light, building our own family. Pero wala eh. 

I remained silent of the thought. 

'Uh, so when's the wedding again?' James asked. 

'On the 20th' Yassi answered with glee in her eyes. 

'Wow, ang bilis' James said. 'I'm so happy for you guys, You've come so far.' 

'I'm proud of you guys too' Yassi said. Bigla nalang kami natahimik. 

'I mean, Ikaw Nadine, you made a big name by yourself. Ikaw James, a successful artist, you're breaking records not only in the Philippines but also in hollywood. We've all achieved our goals.' 

But this wasn't my goal 3 years ago. I dreamt of a family, a family with James. 

'Cr lang ako' Nadine excused herself and rushed to the cr, locked herself in the cubicle and burst out into tears. 

Masakit parin pala, It was obvious, she still loves him. 

Siya parin, at wala nang iba. 

But, she's done, tapos na sila. She should accept this. 

//

'Bakit ka nalang biglang umalis?' 

I text message from Yassi woke her up, after the cr scenario she decided to leave without saying goodbye, na duwag siya eh. 

She wasn't ready to face him, not yet. 

'May emergency lang, Yass.' she replied and turned off her phone. 

'So? Why did you decided to come over, cry, and then sleep?' Cameron sat on the bed. 

'Because, you're the only friend I have.' Nadine closed her eyes.  

'hmmm?' Cameron raised one eyebrow not convinced of Nadine's answer. 

'Okay fine. I was scared okay, I wasn't ready. Not yet, not now.' she said, trying to hold back her tears. 

'No one said you should be ready, at least face him, and show him that you're fine. Because what you did baby girl? You just showed him how affected you are.' Cam smirked. 

'Bahala siya sa buhay niya.' Nadine rolled her eyes. 

'Bahala ka sa buhay mo' Cam said in tagalog that amused Nadine, but she laughed because his accent. 

'Ahh, so you're trying to speak tagalog' Nadine smiled. 

Cameron doesn't fail in making her smile in times like this, Ewan ko lang, pero never in her life she imagined being in a relationship with Cameron. 

//

Short Update! Will update tonight, or tomorrow. Sorry for the lame chapter. :) 

- E