Baby Fever

Perrie's POV

Leigh Anne is about to give birth any day now, and I am freaking out! How many will she have, will she be alright, will they be alright, will I be a good mother, will they like me?

'Pez relax, everything will be fine.' Leigh mindlinks me.

I look over at my mate, she is lying down in the den we found. She is curled up with her head into her side. I walk over to her and cuddle into her side, I feel her shiver a little.

It's the middle of winter, and it is freezing. There aren't many animals to hunt, so I have been hunting on the edge of our territories, I just hope another pack doesn't try to attack me.

I wake up, to Leigh Anne nudging me gently.

'They're hungry again.' She whimpers and starts to get up.

'Where are you going?' I get up to block her from the entrance of the den.

'Come on Pez I feel like a whale. I've been stuck in this small den for three weeks, I want to get out of here before I go insane.' She says and tries to sneak past me.

'Leigh what if you go into labor and we're nowhere near the den!' I try to reason with her.

'I'm not gonna go far, I just want to stretch my legs.' I consider this, and let her leave.

I watch as she takes her first steps out of the den, since three weeks ago, when we settled down here.

She points her head towards the sky, and snow falls down on her head, creating a halo. She looks like an angel, the moon goddess has given me my own angel.

'Pez?' I look down and see Leigh Anne laying on her front paws, in a playful manner.

I feint a lunge towards her, and just as she thinks she's gonna get me, I jump over her. Since she didn't think I would do that, she rolled on her back. I stand over her and give a wolf like smirk. Out of nowhere I'm laying on the ground, with Leigh Anne standing over me.

'Still got it.' She says to me.

She slowly moves away from me sniffing the air, then she gets in a pouncing position.

A white hare hops it's way through the forest and stands a couple meters away from us, it twitches its ears and turn around to see us.

It immediately runs away, but Leigh already grabs it in her mouth. She begins walking towards me, in a triumphant manner, I might add.

She heads back into the den, and eats the rabbit. I sit outside for a little bit, before heading out to hunt for something bigger.

After looking for an hour and a half, I'm about to give up and head back to the den. As I turn around, it hits me, the smell of death.

I follow the scent to a den on another pack's territory. I slowly enter the den, and I find two grown wolves dead. I sniff the bodies, and something begins to move. It was one wolf pup, I check to see if there were any other pups around. Three other pups were laying dead next to their parents.

I gently pick up the pup in my mouth and exit the den. I hear paws trudging through the snow, so I hide behind a brush covered in snow.

A couple of minutes later five wolves stand in front of the den. I have never seen them before, and I don't believe they belong to the pack who live here.

The biggest wolf walks into the den and takes out the dead wolves, and pups. The other wolves begin to dig a hole, after their hole is finished the bigger wolf pushes the dead bodies into the hole. They fill the hole up and cover it with snow so that it wouldn't be noticeable. The bigger wolf shifts and turns to his group of misfits.