Untitled Part 50

Chapter 49

Fin turned around as she heard her name called. "What do you want my Tallest?"

Red was the only one standing there. "I came just to talk this time, Fin. Now come here."

"I'd rather not. Once I get over there, you'll choke me to death." Then she was shocked again. So she came closer. "You've kept me here for a while and now you finally want to talk?"

Red raised what would have been an eyebrow. "What do you know about biology?"

Fin leaned against the bars. "Why are asking me this?"

"Just answer the question or it's back in the water tank."

Fin glared at him. That was the last place she wanted to go; she already had burn wounds. "Mostly basic human biology and what makes D.N.A. I know minimal about mine and even less about Irkins."

Red looked her straight in the eye. "Have you heard about the Tallest gene."

Fin thought, "I think I came across it when I was looking at some information. There some special information about this. But why do you want to tell me?"

"I just figured you should know this considering who your father is," Red informed her.

Fin got comfortable. "I'm listening."

Red folded his arms. "The Tallest gene is a tricky one, I'll give it that. It's a recessive gene. Every Irkin has it. That's what gives each of us our different heights." He took a pause.

"Go on."

He unfolded his arms. "Sense it's recessive, it becomes affective when paired correctly. However, the trick is that they are hatched incredibly small as a smeet. It happens when the chances stand at seventy-five percent and more. At anytime, an underling becomes a Tallest if they have the right genes. They go through a growth spirt that can kill them. If they live, then they rise to the rank of Tallest when they complete all the tasks that's been apart of tradition for years."

"Like?" Fin what to know more.

"A death deifying race course on planet Hobo 13. It's continuous till there is only one left. Then they join the existing leader at the top."

"Wait, excising leader? Are you telling me that there can only be two Almighty Tallest." Then it hit her. "That's why you did this? That's why you dismembered Zim from the Irkin race, it's because he became the height of a Tallest. You never wanted him to be ranked with you two. You sent him away because he was ruining everything on Irk." She was starting to wave a fist around trying to punch him. "Then when he grow, you felt threatened. Plus the fact that there were already two of you so that meant his was going to be next in line for leadership!" She was shocked, but it had gotten to the point where it didn't bother her anymore. She stopped anyways, "Why are you telling me this?"

"I just thought sense there is no way that you're ever going to leave here, I thought that I might as well try to have an intelligent conversation for once."

"Then, where's the other fool that you're looking to have a conversation with?" Fin asked sarcastically with a small chuckle.

"Laugh all you want, Fin," Red told her. "You're not going anywhere." He turned and he left.