Chapter 6

~ Sara

This morning I woke up feeling great. I haven't felt this great in a long time. I've always been so nervous about waking up and getting a beating from my step father, but now that i'm with Zayn I know I have nothing to worry about. Well... Other than my mom and her boyfriend finding us, but that's not really on my mind. It's a bit weird but all that's been on my mind is Zayn. I always think about how great of a guy he's been to me and how much he's protected me since I left home. 

I turned around to get off the bed slowly so I wouldn't wake Zayn, and luckily I did it, I got out of the bed and he didnt make any movements or noises. I got myself dressed and went for a walk to the store, on my way there i was just minding my own business looking around and then out of no where I bump into someone.

"Oh! Sorr-" I stop myself from speaking and I try to make a run for it but my feet just won't move. He looks at me and grabs my arm really hard telling me "come on, we're going back home" he tells me. "I'm not going with you!" I yell at him. But he still drags me along with him towards a van. Two guys open the door and he throws me in like some rag doll. They sat me in the very back, so I just buckled myself in, and just let them take me back. 

"That boy you were with, Where is he?" My step-father asks me.

But I sit there in silence looking out the window as we drive along. "the moment we find that little fucker he's dead, and your going to stand there and watch it" he tells me. 

I jolt my head towards his direction, looking at his eyes through the reflection in the mirror with a shocked expression. "You're not going to touch him!" I scream at him. 

He chuckles, "We'll see about that, I got quite a bit of people already looking for him" he replies.

I feel my heart drop to my stomach and I instantly feel like throwing up but it doesnt come out. I can't let them get ahold of Zayn, I need to warm him before they get to him. This is scaring the shit out of me, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Zayn got hurt. This is all my fault, I shouldn't of gotten him involved. I'm so stupid!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we get back home, they drag me inside and throw me into my room. and lock it. I run to the window right away but i notice they nailed it shut. So I go through my closet and find anything to defend myself incase someone comes in and tries to attack me. I couldn't find anything so i just broke my mirror and took a piece from that. It made a lot of noise and I just hope they didn't hear it. 

Luckily no one came up here ever since they threw me in here. It sounds like no one is here but i can't be too sure. Just as I was talking to myself I hear someone walking up the stairs, I quickly throw a blanket over the broken mirror and hop onto my bed and cover myself to make it look like i'm sleeping. I hear the door unlock and I hear it open slowly, they walk towards me and I grip onto the shard of glass getting ready if someone hits me. But i feel nothing but a gentle touch. I turn around and gasp quietly. "Zayn!" I yell under my breath. He shushes me and he grabs my hand. He see's the shard of glass in my hand and backs off with his hands up. "Woah, what are you doing?" he asks.

I drop the glass and giggle quietly "Sorry, I thought you were my step-dad"

He grabs my hand and we sneak out of my room, we hear them in the livingroom and all I can hear is my mom yelling. "Take her out of that room now and get out of here and never come back!" 

"Sit the fuck down!" he yells back and I hear him slap her. I was about to get up and walk in there but Zayn stopped me. he came close to my ear and told me "K, we're going to have to sneak out that window" he point towards the kitchen. It looks a bit risky but i'd rather be with Zayn. He gets me to go first and as he's coming out I hear someone yell. "Hey! you!" 

Zayn hops out and tells me "Run! Run! Run!"

I run as fast as I could towards Zayns car, and the moment we reach his car we hop in and drive off. I feel a relieved that im gone, and not locked up in that room. I look in the reveiw mirror on the passenger side and I can see my mom and dad fighting away. Soon enough i'll see my mother again.

"Zayn." I say

"Yea?" He asks taking a glance at me and back to the road. "How did you know where I was?"

"I was awake when you left this morning and I didnt know you were leaving until I head the door, and I got up right away and followed you, when I found you I seen them throwing you into a van, so I paniced and I tried to chase the van but I lost it. I actually didnt know you were there until I seen the van, so I took a chance and just went inside" he said to me

"Zayn... We need to watch out, My step-father is furious and he said he was going to kill you, and make me watch it, I can't let that happen." I said to him on the verge of tears.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, it'll all be fine. I promise you right now that I won't let this man touch you ever again" he tells me as he rubs my back while I cry into my palms. 

"Zayn, I really like how you can make me feel so safe and secure"

I don't understand why he even started to help me out, I mean at first I was just some girl right? I wasn't anything special. I wasn't a Victoria Secret Model. Nor anything close. But I really enjoy his company and how he's been taking care of me and helping me. My feelings for this boy are really getting stronger, soon enough maybe i'll be able to tell him that 'I love him'.

"That's because your my girlfriend, and I need to protect you" he replied

I never heard that in such a long time. Someone calling me their girlfriend, I never really was the one for serious relationships but hearing those words come from Zayn is different. He makes it sound more real, and believable. 

As we drove down the road Zayn and I held hands as we jammed out to music. I got bored after a while and wanted to do something, so Zayn stopped at the nearest restraunt so we can eat. We sat down and ordered our food. Soon it came and we both ate so much. But after a bit I started to get full and I said. "Zayn i'm full" He looked at me and said "Okay, we'll get going so-" he got cut off by me throwing food at him and just as soon as I threw it he started to throw food back. "It's on Malik!" I giggled. 

"Hey! stop that and get out!" a staff member told us. 

We stopped when she started to yell, we looked at each other and bursted out laughing. we left and we drove to the nearest hotel. When we got to the hotel we jumped into bed right away, I stripped down to my undies and so did Zayn. "Cuddle me?" I asked. "you dont even need to ask babe" Zayn replied. As we were cuddling Zayn fell asleep, and soon I did too.