Chapter 7 Jinx

Chapter 7 Jinx

Digging my claws into his skin I pull him back away from the ledge. After we were safely away from the ledge I clamp a hand over his slightly chapped lips. I then proceed to latch my legs around his waist giving myself a firmer, but more vulnerable, grip on his body. Throught all of this though he doesn't attack. He was probably in shock, thinking that this building was abandoned and then getting attacked is a big transition for the brain to accept. He probably thought he was safe too.

Safe.

I all but spit the word out. No one is ever safe EVER! Period. I thought I was safe and I ended up alone on the street. The word safe is just deception we use to ease the mind and body. Safe does not actually exist. Safe is just a promise that is never kept. Safe is a security blanket for the mind. It is something we think so that we do not go insane, it is something we think to make ourselves feel secure. Well I know one thing you can never be safe. Ever. Feeling a stirring underneath my grip I realize that my intruder was coming back to their senses. Quickly I push us to the ground I use him as a cushion to brake my fall. Then like lighting I straddle him and take his right arm and pull it and twist it. With my free hand I shove his face onto the cement giving him a squished look. Satisfied with my work I study his face. I analyze it over again until I realize why I had a nagging feeling in my gut. It was Cresent. How could I forget such a handsome and recognizable face? Pulling even tighter on his arm I let out a menacing hiss. I pull my face to his ear and in a calm collected voice I say "You know who I am but who. Are. You?" I say pausing in-between each important word. "We can discuss that later," he says in a surprisingly calm tone for some one in his position, "But at present I need to teach you a little lesson," confused I losen my grip for a split second. Big mistake. In this split second he manages to flip us over so that I'm on my back staring up and he is straddling me holding my arms by the side of my head. "You're slipping Jinx," he said a certain edge to his voice. "He's right," I think astonished yet melancholy "But if I fall no one will be there to catch me," I think, and on that depressing note he takes a rag out of his pants pocket and presses it against my nose and mouth. "Yup," I think "Definaitly slipping," and then the darkness took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened!" I whimper holding my pounding head.

"I knocked you out." a calm voice answers from the far corner of the room. I didn't even notice him until he spoke. This is very bad.

"Now Jinx or, should I call you Sierra," I hiss and lung at him when he says my real name. No one knows my real name. He blocks my blows easily because of my tremendous headache. I even whimper when he gives me a good smack to the head. His eyes soften and he holds my head, gently placing it on the floor. He grabs an old tattered blanket and lays it on me. "We will talk more in the morning," he says after studying my features. Unable to fight the forgiving and forgetful pull of sleep I do the worst thing I've ever done in my life. I fell asleep next to the enemy, and do you know what is even worse? I didn't care.