We Close at Nine

(Songs used: Nine in the afternoon by panic at the disco)

A bell rings from the front of the store meaning there is a new customer. Lisa looks at the clock above the counter to see 8:23. Figuring it is too early to say they're closing she goes up to the older couple with menus in her hands and asks them to follow her.

On the other side of the bar was Carson cleaning the counter and putting everything away for the night. Humming a song he's been writing on the piano as he washes left over syrup from a child who just left with his parents.

"I'll be right back with your drinks and to take your order!" Lisa chimes happily at the couple. Since they were the only customers in the diner this late they decided to order simple deserts and coffee.

Lisa comes back behind the bar with Carson and they both start cleaning, Lisa takes over wiping the tables and Carson brings out the mop. Just as things were settling the two couples heard a loud crash come from the kitchen. Running to see what had happened Carson opened The Doors to find Dean the new busboy laying on the floor with multiple broken glasses and plates around him.

" Dean what happened?" Carson asked leaning in to help the boy up.

" I don't know I was carrying all of the clean dishes to put them all away and I guess I slipped on some water. I'm so sorry I'll find a way to pay for it." Dean started to panic and try to pick up the glass.

"Hey, hey Dean it's okay. We've all been there don't worry you didn't break all of them and lucky for you Sondra is picking more up in the morning." The boy sighed in relief.

"Thank you I was about to completely freak out."

"Ya know you boys are cleaning that up right? Lisa said standing in the doorway. " and do not expect me to go sweeping up after you."

The two boys just laughed as they grabbed the broom and dustpan. Lisa left to go check on the couple and give them their check. Once the boys were alone Dean looks at Carson with a smirk.

"What are you smiling about?" Carson asked giving Dean a knowing look.

"Oh I was just gonna ask what yours and Lisa's plans were for tonight. Since it is your anniversary." Dean says  dragging out the last word in a light hearted mocking tone.

" Oh well we're going to go to her favorite restaurant for dinner and then we're gonna go dancing."

"Dancing? What is the forties? What lame ass date is that?" Just then Lisa came in holding a couple of dollar bills and empty plates in her hands.

" Oh dancing! Why are you boys talking about dancing?" She asked giving Carson a knowing look.

"I was just asking him where he's taking you dancing." Dean piped up.

"Well I'm-"

"In our bedroom of corse. Where else could we go dancing?" She says stepping over the mess the two still had yet to pick up. Dean started blushing finally catching on and starts looking at his hands.

"Wow you're straight forward aren't you?" Carson asks picking up a pan full of broken glass and throwing it away.

"What the point in keeping it a secret? We're practically married." The words struck Carson. He had been thinking about it but he knew he couldn't afford even the cheapest ring let alone something she would be proud of.