|| one ||

Cold, miserable London.

That's where I was.

If left behind California, in all it's Summer glory, for two whole months with my older sister in London, UK.

Don't get me wrong; I love my sister and I hadn't seen her (not counting skype) since she moved out at only 14, to live with our aunt. You could say her and our mom didn't get along.

But seriously, my mom was a butt for sending me to the UK when I could be getting my tan on lying in one of my custom poolside chairs with the gang.

"FLORA!" An almost deafening roar came from a girl who looked almost exactly like me.

Katelyn. My gorgeous big sister of 21 years. Who, I was glad to see, was now shorter than I was.

"Kate! I missed you so much!" Tears welled in my eyes as I took in my big sis.

She'd definitely changed since she was 14. Even her accent was a mixture of Londoner and American.

"Let's get your bags and go to my house. We've got nice weather today!"

Nice weather?

"Kate, it's practically raining and the sky is grey."

"You're just used to California."

The cold air hit me as we exited Heathrow.

So far, London had two good things.

My sister and sweater weather.

-

My mom and Katelyn hardly got on. When they did, however, mom broke the barrier with a steady flow of cash.

When they weren't talking, my mom's sister/our favorite aunt supplied for her.

So why was I surprised at Katelyn's mini mansion in London?

My mom was a banker who worked on Wall Street- in New York. She was hardly ever home, mostly staying in her glamorous penthouse and forgetting she'd ever had children.

All she did for us was supply a shit-load of money.

It was fine by me, but as soon as Katelyn hit her teens she wanted out.

The house she lived in was massive and in an area where celebrities had their London homes.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" Katelyn asked, reclining lazily on a massive white couch.

"Nope." I joined her and took in the view. The Big Ben, the London eye.

"What about Zack?"

"Zack? Katelyn, I was ten. It's been seven years."

Seven years. Katelyn grew quiet.

Now that it had come out of my mouth like that, I realized how much I'd missed my older sister.

I'd practically had a California mansion to myself for seven years, minus the live in maid who was like a best friend. I threw wicket house parties, had fabulous blonde brigade sleepovers and had plenty of study time.

I know what you're wondering. What about your dad?

Well, my mum kicked him out and he never showed up again.

"I'm sorry." Katelyn barely whispered, staring at her thumbs.

"Please don't be."

"Let's take your bags up to your room. It's always yours, Flo," She said, softly adding, "Remember that."