Chapter 3

Right, where was I? O yeah, I passed out. One downside. My dreams aren't just weird fantasies, but some sort of vision television that's having problems processing what is being received. I see bits and pieces of the future, while only having the sense of sight, and nothing else. Sometimes there is a bit of sound but it's like being on the phone with someone who has a bad connection.

That last part was particularly annoying with my dreamvisions today. Two defiantly not human silhouettes were talking. The only words I could make out in the grey noise was 'solace' and 'Di Angelo'. Comfort and my name in one sentence said by my enemies? That is bad news. And.....weird? worrying?

The next thing I picked up was less confusing, but still. I saw a man, golden blond curls framing his face, encasing his ears in loops of gold. He was facing me, but the face was blurry.

The saviour. I don't know how I knew, I just did. It's like when you enter you house, and you just know an outsider has been in here. You can sense it.

A tap against my cheek. Another one, this time a little harder. Slowly I opened my eyes. While they were still adjusting to the light, for a second I thought I was still dreaming. A blurry face with golden hair was hovering above me. "Hey can you hear me?" The voice was like music that sends tingles down your spine. The perfect octave, not too low, not too high. Then he hit my cheek again.

"St...stop that." I groaned. My vision finally cleared. Blue sapphire eyes stared at me shining with worry. "Good you're awake. Was my presence to much for you?" "No, I...I just felt ill. Probably due to lack of sleep. Exhaustion."

I started sitting up slowly. The room spun a little at first but it luckily stopped quickly. The man carefully helped me up, and supported me by my shoulder. "okay, slowly now. You hit your head pretty hard. So tell me your full name."

O god, I hate saying that god dam name. "Nicolas Di Angelo. I don't have memory loss. I remember everything from my life." An unexpected twinkle flashed through the stranger's eyes, and a small chuckle escaped his lips. "so you also remember literally falling for me. FYI you mumbled something like 'the sailor'. Having sailing dreams?"

"Okay, before you start prying around in my dreams, you first got to be in them. And for that I need to know you. So first of all, what's your name?" his face lit up at my dream comment. Schit, too obvious. "The name is William Solace, but everyone calls me Will, Nicolas. And I'd very much like it to be in your dreams."

Solace. It couldn't be. When I heard it said by the creatures, it had sounded like a noun, but it just as well could have been a name.

"nice to meet you, Will. And if you call me Nicolas one more time, it's the last thing you'll ever say. Call me Nico."

 I was subconsciously staring at Will, and after realising what I was doing, I quickly looked away. "Did you want to order something? It's on the house for helping me. And you haven't seen any of my colleagues, have you?"

"They're in the back, finishing up. I told them they weren't going to be of any help if they kept walking in my way. And I was just leaving, I think your coffee machine isn't working."

He knobbed his head to the coffee covered counter. "But you still owe me. Text me tomorrow when your shift ends." And with that he was out the door. "WAIT! I didn't get..."But he was already gone.

I sighed. I just found the person I had been looking for in the past 200 years, and he had left before I could start a conversation with him.

I finished cleaning the counter. Reyna rushed in, looking angry, but also worried. "Nico Di Angelo! Never scare me like that ever again!" Reyna is like a big sister to me, but a very scary one. "Yes Reyna I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Rolling my eyes, I turned around to a table in the corner of the shop to pick a left behind napkin.

A bag was resting on the booth. A customer must've left it. I'll go through it to see if I can find any contact information later. This happens frequently when people are in a rush to go back to work.

While picking up the napkin, my eye fell upon an odd piece of writing on it. It wasn't part of the decoration. Someone had doodled on it. It were numbers. A phone number, written in a handwriting that didn't seem to be from this time. Under it were two letters written in curls and intertwining. 

WS.   

_________________

im gonna do my a/ns like this from now. Centuries was one of the inspirations for this story.