Chapter Six

As we approached my house about 45 minutes later, we were dripping sweat, we literally looked like we jumped in a lake and dried out for a minute. The air was hot and humid now since it was mid afternoon and the sun was high, which didn't help us much. We pushed hard the last little bit and sprinted up the driveway, lungs burning as we hurtled over the the two bikes laying out by the gate that was open to the backyard. I had one thing on my mind now. My big, cold pool in the backyard which I could visualize now, glistening in the sun with slight ripples would appear from the wind which was hardly blowing a mile an hour. The thought made me lunge forward and pass Justin. As I reached the back deck area I struggled to slip my shoes and socks off. I couldn't have got in there fast enough. When both were off, I ran over to the diving board that was in front of me and sprinted the the edge jumping up and launching me into the water making a huge spash. I stayed underwater for a second cooling off and opened my eyes to see what looked to be the body of Justin underwater to surrounded by tiny air bubbles. After about 30 seconds of being underwater realization hit me and I was running out of oxygen. I surfaced to see Justin running his fingers through is dripping brown hair which was now sticking up in multiple directions.
"We should go in and eat I'm starved" I laughed while kicking my feet up so I was floating on my back.
I didn't hear a reply for a couple seconds and I was bringing to question if Justin was still even in the pool.
"Justin" I call out. But much to my dismay he didn't answer until I felt him grab my ankles and yank me over his shoulder. He walked out of the pool with me over his shoulder sputtering from the amount of water I had just taken in my mouth moments ago and after what seemed to be ten minutes of struggling, but only a minute in reality I stopped and let him carry me to the kitchen where I was set on a stool.
"What do you want for lunch?" He asked as he started going through the pantries.
"Soup, sandwich, salad...keep it light though we just ran...yogurt" he was naming things off and I didn't even know myself what I wanted.
"Surprise me." I stated "I'm going to shower call me when it's done.
I hopped off my stool and skipped up the stares to my room and into the bathroom we ended up deciding to get ready and leave early do we could eat a late lunch before we got to Ryan's. I got up off my bed leaving him laying there like a idiot. He walked down to his room and got changed. While he was gone I had to change out of my sports bra and put some dry underwater on (remember I went swimming) I seriously had just gotten my underwear and bra situated on my body and he walked in.
"Seriously Christian, don't you knock" as I historically yelled at him.
"Uh, you weren't done yet...eh we'll I'm already in here what ever." As he plopped himself on the bed.
"Fine whatever I guess"
I put on my cheetah tank top and new demon shorts I just bought and but my bikini in one of my
bags and found a black pair of sparkly flip flops to match in my closet and slipped them on. We walked out into the living room and he told me to sit on the conch while he dried my hair. I threw it into a messy bun, when I was done we walked outside together and we drove down the road for a few minutes till we got to our favorite Mexican grill. I ordered my usual, a burrito, pretty mainly of me haha and he got the same, when we found a table we ate kind of slowish but if people knew us here I would be embarrassed because we looked like pigs. Luckily we didn't know anyone in there in there at the time. When we were done it was already 3:30 so we drove down to Ryan's house. Cars were lined way down the road so we parked a block away at Courtney's house because I legally have a reserved spot in her driveway every weekend, that's how close we are. It was about a 5 minute walk at the most to Ryan's house but its as pretty close compared to every one else's cars. When wept there there, his yard was really pretty, I wasn't surprised, paper lanterns were hanging from trees, the pool was glowing all ready for partying later, there was a whole table designated for just drinks and two-three tables of food. I found cortney pretty quick and Christian walked off with some friends.