Chapter 7: Party time

Chapter 8

(Friday Night)

I placed my empty ice cream bowl on the table, licking my spoon and placing it in the bowl.

"What's the time?" I asked Sam who was seated on my left. He glanced down at his round black watch.

"Five past 9."

"Cool, thanks," I replied, "Hey Ryan, can we leave at 9:30?" I asked him across the table.

"Sure," He replied with a light smile. I took my bowl to the kitchen and put it next to the other dirty dishes.. I raced up the two flights of stairs and into my room. I pulled open the small chest of draws and rummaged through my clothes. Picking out my only party dress, I placed it on my bed before going back to the dressing table to do my make up. I applied some of my favourite foundation; moister mist beauty cake. Then I put on some liquid eye liner with small flicks at the end to make my eyes appear larger. I completed my look with some mascara and light pick lip gloss. Now onto my hair... I pulled out my hair straightener and plugged it in. Going back to my bed I picked up the dress and examined it. It was black and had a section just above the waist that was see through with crisscrossed material. It was perfect. I climbed out of the comfy clothes that I was wearing and pulled the cool material over my head and down my body. It hung perfectly on my hips and fell to mid thigh. Tying my hair in a half ponytail I started to straiten it. My hair was so thick and long I had to do it in two layers. After finishing the first part I pulled down the rest and continued to straighten it. Just as I was finished the last bit of hair Alice entered the room.

"Hey, you coming to the party?" I asked her.

"No," she mumbled. She let out a loud sigh and flopped onto her bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I turned the straightener off and faced her. Tapping my foot I waited for her reply.

"How come you get all the boys? You can talk to them so easily," she said, envy clearly written on her face. I sat down on the corner of my bed and placed my hands in my lap.

"Talking to boys has always come easy to me, and to be honest I was a bit of a tomboy when I was younger," I admitted.

"Oh," she replied. She looked up, as if she were thinking about something. A blush suddenly reddened her cheeks.

"Who is it?" I asked her with a knowing look.

"Who's what?" she asked innocently.

"Who's it that your crushing on?" I asked with a smirk. Her cheeks became redder.

"Wellitcouldmabeyummkindofbejoe," she mumbled.

"Sorry I didn't catch that."

"Joe," she repeated, a bit louder this time.

"Aww your such a cutie," I teased. She covered her face with her hands. I suddenly had the best idea ever. "I could totally set you guys up!" I exclaimed.

"N-" she starts before getting cut off by someone knocking. I lifted myself off the bed and walked across the room. I opened the door my eyes land on Ryan, who was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a red and blue checkered top. He looked nice.

"You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded my head and quickly slipped on my black heals that were sitting next to the door.

"Were finishing this convocation later," I told Alice sternly. She shot me a grin. I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

"You look great," Ryan commented as we walked out the front door.

"Thanks, you too," I replied truthfully, "So how are we getting there?"