[20] the girl behind the laptop

Aislinn/Rin's Point of View

I fiddled with my laptop bag as I boarded the bus. I did I quick scan of the passengers. I bit my lip, hard. Any one of these people could be Jack... especially that boy with the phone in his hand and a school bag next to him.

The road to Victor Harbor was extremely bumpy, and I looked out the window and attempted not to puke. It was nerve-wracking. Even though we'd been talking for five months now, I was scared he was going to turn up and hate me.

The bus finally stopped after what felt like millennium, but it'd probably only been ten minutes. I only lived a little while away. I stepped out of the bus and sat near the fairground, behind the block of toilets, sheltered from the light rain. I pulled my laptop out of its bag and nervously played a game on it. Since I didn't have a phone, I couldn't contact Jack and that bugged me.

I awkwardly walked around, holding my laptop up to my face (which got a few stares). Only now did I realise how terrible our plan had been; we hadn't even planned where to meet. I looked up from my laptop and literally jumped back. Holy schnitzel, I thought. Across the street, a gaggle of girls from my school crowded around two of the popular boys in the school, Atticus and Jace Heathland. I didn't fit in with anybody in my school, so I hurried to close my laptop lid and stuff it in my bag. I looked up in case the group of popular had seen me, but they hadn't. I let out a misty breath and began to slow my actions as I zipped up the bag. Instinctively, I looked up once more to see that none of them were looking at me. Phew. Just as I was about to look down, Jace's easy gaze flickered to me and his eyes widened in recognition. Oh my holy schnitzel. He'd seen me.

I hurriedly stumbled back and all but slammed into the mural wall. I turned and ran away from them, and towards the water, hoping Jack would arrive soon.

As it turned out, Jack never came. I had waited for half-an-hour, and I wasn't going to do that 'romantic' waiting thing that happened in movies. I didn't even know how they did it, onside ring I had no patience whatsoever. Angrily, I clambered aboard the bus slamming my laptop bag down on the chair next to me so nobody would be tempted to sit there.a

What had I expected? He probably talked to too many people to remember the date.

Stuff him. I don't need him.

A/N: replay; ouch. And that 'Jace'? That was made specifically for blazingstarsx and other TMI fans ^^' – also, suspicions?

krissie says meow~