Chapter Thirteen.

Poisonous: Ch. 13

"Yo."

The girl peered out into the doorway with a confused look on her face. "Who're you?" She asked. We held open our badges as she looked over them.

"I'm special agent Zanos Zhukarti and this," I pointed over to Alejandro who was next to me. "Is my partner, Alejandro Ivanov." He smirked when I said partner and I fought the urge to deck him in the balls.

"Why are you here?" She questioned and I smiled. "We just have some questions regarding your cousin Maria Sanchez." I said and she nodded, opening the door for us. "After you, my lady." Alejandro motioned for me to go in and I elbowed him in the chest. "Say that again and you'll be without a boyfriend." I threatened and he smirked.

The girl who was leading us to her living room was Madelyn Sanchez, Maria's cousin. Arielle wasn't lying when she said they could be twins. They both had the same long brown hair and blue eyes. They both had the same tanned skin and the same height.

She sat us down, offering us drinks but we declined.

"How would you describe your relationship with Maria?" Alejandro asked, wrapping his arm around me. This was not the time to be acting all affectionate. "Well in high school, I was bullied a lot because I was ya know, intersex." She began and I nodded. "Maria stood up for me and since everyone loved her at our school, they left me alone. She helped me get through the good and the bad times where I was struggling with depression because I thought no one would want me." She said, a tear falling down my face. "She told me that no matter what, she would always be there for me even when no one else wanted. She was like the best friend I've never had!" She let out a few tears, staring at me and I noticed something. There were four emotions in her eyes. Hurt, adoration, love and anger.

Now, why would she feel angered at the person who helped her when her hell overcame her heaven?

-

After Alejandro dropped me off back home, saying how he had some papers he wanted to look through, I decided to get some of my own work done. He wouldn't let me get out of the car until he planted a big kiss on my lips.

Needless to say, I ran inside my house.

I got stuck in thoughts and I didn't even hear my phone ringing. I hopped over the couch and picked it up off of the counter, looking in confusion at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good afternoon, Zanos. This is Giselle." Giselle Miller was the medical examiner on this case. She would only call if she found something important.

"Yeah, what's up?"

She sighed as she was about to reveal a big bomb on me. "I was going through the remains of Maria's body and I found semen in her uterus," She began. "But the weird thing is that it was fused with DNA that belonged to a female. Why would sperm cells have female DNA in them?"

I bit my lip in thought. "So what are you saying?"

She smacked her lips. "The person whose responsible for this must be intersex or transgender." She finished and my eyes widened.

-

"Zanos, where are you going?" I sighed into the phone as I got into my car, pulling out of my driveway. "Places, man. Is that okay with you dad?" I rolled my eyes and he sucked in a breath. "Yes, I just wanted to spend some time with you."

I glared at the road. "Alejandro, you spend every single day with me." I huffed in annoyance. "I'm sure a couple of hours will do you just fine." I groaned. It was really weird trying out this whole dating thing with Alejandro, but I was willing to put up with him. I just didn't like how I didn't put up a fight.