Chapter 1: Fate would have it...

What you are about to read is a sad tale. This tale is about the life of an unfortunate soul. Life a twisted path, full of chance at success and failure. Is there a way to truly succeeded at life?At the end, you still ended up leaving the ones you searched your whole life to find. Ironic, isn't it?

Sitting on a school bus, heading to the place I spend six hours of my life everyday. Headphones in my ears, music drowning out all of the things that make this bus ride torture. I've never really like the bus ride to school. I guess having friends would help. I do have friends though. Wait, correction, a friend.

It's been three years since I had met him. I remember it, plain as day. It's hard to imagine it was that long ago. We were in middle school then. I was just reading the new book I had bought from my favorite bookstore down the road. It was called "The Lightning Thief". I was almost finished with it when I saw him walking towards me. His black hair shined in the sunlight and fell in front of his left eye. His green eyes looked at me with a glint of joy and his smile look as though he had never frown before. He walked straight up to me and asked my name.

"Sky" I had said, still in shock he was actually talking to me. I never had a friend before and no one usually talked to me anyway.

"I'm Leon and I saw you were reading 'The Lighting Thief' I love that book!" He replied.

"Really?!" I asked surprised.

"Yea, and I saw you all alone and wonder if you wanted a friend?" He said.

He looked so hopeful. I remember laughing at his expression, thinking it was such a honor to be my friend.

"I would love to be your friend, Leon!" I replied as I smiled wide.

"Yay!!" he yelled as he danced around me, laughing in delight. I couldn't stop laughing at his silliness.

As I'm thinking about that day, I remember wonder what I did to deserve as good a friend as Leon. We have been friends ever since. I couldn't imagine life without him.