272

272 days before the end

See me there? I'm the girl wearing a tight tank top and denim shorts with a leather jacket sprawled on her lap. Yes, that. The girl with jet black hair and green eyes. Yeah, the one chugging down the hell out of her vodka. I'm hot, eh? I told you so.

Well, you wanted my story right? Let's start from the beginning guys and gals.

And..this.. This was the night that changed it all for me.

Hold on tight.

Let's start the story.

//
"There's a method to my madness, Mani! You don't just go around picking girls up like it's nothing!! It's art, ya know? ART."

I put down my drink as I shout at my co-DJ, Normani. We were having a nice night out, just getting ready for our own sets. Mani and I are freelance DJs. She's been my best friend since I was 8, and until now, we still rockin it.

On Fridays and Saturdays, we work at The Beach, a club here in downtown Miami. We are both 20, and although we are underage for drinking and partying, connections mixed with talent can bring you so far.

"And besides.." I trail, gauging Normani's reaction, "you got zero game, dude. No offense." I smirk at her widely.

Normani scoffs and rolls her eyes at me, then started laughing at me like I'm a crazy bastard. I just look at her with an annoyed expression, until she shoves my arm and speaks up.

"Well, Lauren, if what you do is such art," she mocked me, "then why don't you help me out? I got my eyes on a girl, and I really want to get her."

I turn my head around looking at Normani skeptically. She's got that puppy dog eyes and I can't say no. Ugh.

"Ugh! Fine, Mani. Where is this girl?" I ask her, scanning around the bar for her "target". Normani is no way like me when it comes to relationships. She doesn't believe in the game. What game, might you ask? The meticulous game of picking up different girls from the club every night, and well, you know, having fun. It's been mostly my thing, but now I wanna teach her how to score her own ladies. It's about time she moves on from her trashy ex.

"She's right there, Laur. The blonde girl on your 5 o'clock." Normani answers giddily, pointing to a table far from our deck. Once I saw her "target", I turned to look at the dark skinned girl.

"Okay, dude, so let me just do a rundown on this, alright? This is gonna be a one time thing, you got me? I'm gonna teach you how to get your girl. For the night. From the approach, until how you leave her bed tomorrow morning after you get your frick frack on." I wink at her as I fumbled through my laptop.

"Uhm..Laur?" Normani trailed, frowning a bit. I just squinted my eyes at her, telling her to just get to the point. "It's not.. Like that. I like to get to know her. Like, you know? Get to know her."

"You can do that, dude. In bed, tonight, you're gonna get to know her so good, she'll forget who she is." I answered her boldly, playfully poking her cheek. She swatted my hand away, obviously flustered. Laughing, I reached over to grab her cup and gulped whatever was left in it.

Ugh, whiskey. Shit.

"Lauren!" Normani reprimanded me, punching me lightly on the arm. "That's not what I meant you dumbass. What I mean is, I think I want to get to know her, and maybe.. Make her part of my life? I mean, she's my type, so why not? Right?"

"Uhm, let me tell you why not. Because this is a club and people go here to either: get absolutely smashed or, fuck each other's brains out. Not find the love of their lives." I answered back puzzled, seemingly missing what her point was.