Go Get It

6 and a half weeks after the end

"Take a seat, Lo. I'm just going to uhm, – do you want anything? Water? Coffee? Tea? Beer?" Camila asked as she ushered me inside her house. We have just arrived at her dorm. Yeah, she no longer lives with her parents as she got a small flat near FSU.

After our intense situation at the diner, we both calmed down, and she invited me over to talk, to which I almost automatically but hesitantly agreed to, just sending Lucy a lousy excuse for bailing on her.

I know I'm an asshole. But, cmon, it's Camila we're talking about here.

"Coffee is fine." I mumbled, sitting on the comfy couch. Camila's house is the epitome of a home of an "obsessive compulsive" college student. All her books were stacked neatly on her bookstands, her couch, bed, and even her desks had the same color, and her floor was just neat. I scoffed a bit. I used to be that girl, well before I got heart broken.

"Here, Lo." Camila placed a steaming cup of coffee on the table in front of me, then she took her seat on the spot near the end of the couch. I thanked her and sipped my coffee slowly, the awkwardness of the situation definitely getting a notch higher for me.

"Lauren," she mumbled under her breath, "I'm sorry."

Camila's words definitely shook me. Not because she apologised — well partly because she apologised, but mainly because she sounded so defeated, so torn.

I was about to answer, but Camila continued talking. "I was insensitive, and I never listened to you, or to Normani, or to Dinah. I was in self-denial. It shook me to the core when you went here and told me that you cheated on me too. It was scarring. It hurts that you would do that, because I thought you loved—"

I felt rage build up on my nerves as I hear Camila say those words. Why does she always have to make it seem like she's the victim? "Camila, please stop. You cheated on me first. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine? Oh, let me guess. Scarring, wasn't it?" I mocked her. Camila visibly flinched with my choice of words.

"I didn't even cheat on you." She stated firmly, looking into my eyes. I felt my blood boil with her denial.

I saw it. Right the fuck in front of me.

Yet she's still denying it until now? God damn it.

"You are a liar. You did cheat on me!" I screamed in anger, gritting my teeth. "I forgave you for that, Camila! I was willing to start again! But what did you do? I chased you, you ignored me, then now found another dick, or must I say, pussy to ride. What a joy!"

Camila's face tremendously reddened with my response. She stood up and shoved me harshly. "You know what your problem is?! You don't trust me! You never trusted me! You were always skeptical about me, when all I asked for was your faith." She screamed back, tears now freely falling from her eyes. "Yes, you are willing to start again, but you still believe all those delusions you think was true. Tell me, is that any way to start over?"

"Stop lying! It was true! I saw it with my two eyes! I just don't get why you can't ever admit it!" I screamed back in agitation, the veins in my neck popping out.

"Because it is not!" She screeched, her voice shaky. "Lauren you have to believe me, it wasn't true. I didn't cheat on you. I loved you, I love you." Camila whispered defeatedly, her eyes trained on me. Her face was visibly distressed now, her tears falling wildly on her cheeks.

I wiped my own eyes and tried my hardest to calm down. "You cheat on me, then ignored me for three weeks, leaving me to suffer. Not even a single glance when you saw me hunched up on your fucking door, begging you to come back to me. Doesn't sound like love to me."