That Black Dress

3 weeks and a day after the end

5:30 am

I woke up to the familiar feeling of a hellish headache the next morning. I look around my room quickly, feeling nauseous as fuck. I was so drunk last night, but hey, at least I managed to get back to my bed, right? I wiggled a bit uncomfortably, the sudden breeze of air making me cold. I look under the comforters to see that I was just in my bra and my boy shorts.

What the fuck? Did I strip last night?

I quickly proceeded to get up and put my shirt on, but a weight on the other side of my comforter stopped me. What the fuck is happening? I snapped my head around to see a little silhouette lying beside me. I couldn't see much because obviously, it's just 5:30 in the morning and the sun hasn't even come up yet.

My heart stopped a bit as a gush of hope came through me.

Maybe that's Camila.

I know y'all are wondering how it could possibly be her. I am too. But after all my calls (which went straight to voicemail by the way) and texts to her last night, it would be no surprise if she just went here and ended the misery for us both.

A small smile crept onto my lips as I thought about that possibility.

I slowly made my way out of the bed to pick my crumpled shirt from the floor, careful not to wake up the sleeping girl beside me. Her head was covered in the blanket so I just stood there, staring at her blankly. I smiled to myself quietly and proceeded to do my daily routine.

After brushing my teeth and cleaning myself up, I carefully made my way back to my side of the bed. I couldn't quite smell or see Camila but I can feel her there, so I cautiously stretched my hand to reach her, pulling her into a gentle hug. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when she didn't budge. I just laid there, listening to the steady sound of her breathing, as I slowly succumbed back to sleep.

11:48 am

"Lauser, DJ the hottie is here! What's up foo--Oh! What the fuck Lauren?!"

Dinah's loud voice interrupted my peaceful slumber. I groaned audibly and hid my eyes, inching closer to Camila's back.

"Hey, Ralph! What the fuck???!! Are you into Ally now?"

Ally? What the fuck is she saying?

"Dinah, stop fooling around.." A motherly voice scolded Dinah lightly.

Wait.

That voice.

Ally's voice.

It's coming from beside me.

Fucking hell.

How fucking embarrassing.

Luck has never been on my side.

Damn it.

I slowly retracted from my tight hug on Ally-not-Camila, as I met her empathetic eyes on me.

"I.. Hey.. Hi.. Oh.. Ally.. It's you?"

"Yes, Laur. It's me. What's up? You look like you're gonna throw up.." She trailed, her voice laced with concern.

"I.. Uh, I'm fine. I just thought you.. I thought it was.. I.."

"Camila?" Ally answered me in a teasing manner, smiling wryly. "You were calling me her name Lauren. You even tried to fondle me. I couldn't remove your death hug on me."