One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

6 weeks after the end

"She's what?!" A breathless Dinah Jane Hansen asked me, holding on to the sides of the treadmill.

We were working out today. DJ and I. Normani didn't come with us because according to her, she basically "works out" for a living. That girl would still be ripped as fuck even without running a mile in her entire life. Being a sports science student got its perks, I guess.

It's that time of the week we call our "Girls' Day and Night Out" because basically, we spend the entirety of the day with each other. This week, Dinah and I decided to start the day off with working out, because why the fuck not?

"She's with Ariana." I answered levelly, stuffing my earphones in my ear. I turned up the volume, trying to block out any noise from Dinah. She's still blabbering about God knows what, her arms flailing side to side. I just looked away from the blonde, and got my mind into the song. "Bad Things" by Machine Gun Kelly was playing. I love this song! I bobbed my head, singing along.

"I want you forever even when we're not together, scars on my body so I can look at you--"

Dj abruptly, and rudely interrupted my music jam, as she flicked the earbuds off my ear. I looked at her in annoyance.

"What, Dj?" I ask her exasperatedly, still running. My legs were definitely burning with the pace I'm at, but I love how my muscles are begging me to stop, so I kept my speed up.

"Is that it? Was there no tension, or drama?" Dinah asked, her eyebrows quirked in a teasing manner.

"Oh, god." I sighed. "No, Di. It was just my luck fucking with me. Again."

"Okay.. So this caption on your IG has nothing to do with Camila then?" She asked, holding in a giggle, as she showed me my latest IG pic. It was a pic of me, my hair blown by the wind, looking at the city from our skyline.

"Oh my gosh! What?" I shrieked, trying to grab Dinah's phone from her. The Polynesian just smirked and shimmied her phone further from me. "Why the heck are you stalking me?!"

""If the past taps you on the shoulder, does that mean you should look back?", Lauser, this is lame!" Dinah mocked me, laughing at my demise. Ugh, I hate it when people make fun of me.

"Whatever." I grumpily mumbled, slowing down. My twenty minute treadmill run was almost over so I started stretching.

"I'm kidding, Lo." Dinah then said, still giggling a little. "I know it's about her. What happened that night?"

"It was nothing." I deflected, gulping down my water afterwards. Dinah just looked at me unimpressed, obviously not buying my bullshit.

"Ralph, you're the worst liar ever." Dinah teased, following me to the weight room. "Look, spill the beans or I ask her." She threatened, a devilish grin tugging on her lips.

I just rolled my eyes at her and grabbed the 20 pound dumbbell. I started lifting it using my arms, doing some bicep curls. "You won't." I answer Dinah smugly.

"Will definitely do. Look, you don't trust me?" She asked me with a coy smile. I shook my head firmly.

She gasped, feigning disbelief. "Fine." She then grabbed her phone and started to dial Camila's number.

OH MY GOD, DINAH JANE HANSEN.

"Oh holy shit. Dinah! Fine! Put the phone down!" I screamed. "Fine! I'll tell you! Just don't call her! Jesus."