Chapter 3

I backed away slowly "Um ok sure"

I turn to Batman. He see's the scared look on my face and nods as I walk to the door.
"Bye Princess see you soon!" Joker laughs as I rush to close the door.

🕛🕧🕐🕜Time skip🕑🕝🕒🕔

I get out of the Limo, Bruce try to talk to me but I just run off to my room and lock the door, windows and made an Italian soda in my kitchen, (my room is like a small aparment) and go to my bed and try to relax. Maybe it's for the better, after all I never fit in with Bruce, but after all he has done for me, am I willing to just leave him for his enemy? I thought.

"Ruth? Are you alright I need to talk to you," Bruce asked knocking from the other side of the door.

"Um... yeah I'm fine but I guess if you need to talk....." I trail off. I get up and open the door,Bruce walks in looking at me with worried eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that we are having a masquerade party tomorrow and it will have a lot of important business people and I just wanted to tell you even though it has important people that you can still invite some friends from school. Like Judyth" he suggests. Judyth, my best friend, the one that gets me when nobody else does and is a lot like me in many ways, like we are both rebels, go against the rules, now i know where i get me rebellious streak from. And lets say that she has gotten me in jail a few times.

"Really? Judyth? She is like the opposite of what you want me friends to be but i guess if your cool with it whatever" i say looking down at my phone and asking Judyth She could come and of course she says yes."
She can come" I say to Bruce.

"Alright I already. Bought your dress for the party."

"Ok cool I'm gonna hang out in my room and would love it if you left me alone. K?"

"Yes alright, goodnight" Bruce says kissing my forehead.

"'Night." I mumble shutting the door. But when I closed that door I thought that the Joker was just joking (A/n lol puns) and that he wasn't really breaking out of prison.

Author's POV
But little did she know that things would only get harder from here.

Word Count: 425