The Himura Clan

The walk to the village was very long and annoying. Ko was forced to be carried by Kakashi while the others walked ahead of them so she spent her time draped across his shoulder hanging onto his neck. Ko still felt weak so she didn't protest when Kakashi said he was going to carry her the whole way since she could just sleep for the whole trip.

"Yay let's get home fast so I can have Iruka sensei buy me some ramen! Oh yeah and I have to tell Konohamaru about my legendary feats!" Naruto shouted proudly placing his hands on his hips.

"Sasuke, how about a date when we get back?" Sakura flirted flipping her long hair to away from her face giving him a wink.

"No thanks," he answered with a flat tone crushing Sakura's world.

"But but.." she was dumbfounded. Sakura thought Sasuke would agree to going on a date with her; who wouldn't?

"Hey what about me?!" Naruto popped up next to Sakura giving her his famous grin rubbing the back of his head as a blush formed on his face.

"No! Shut up Naruto!" Sakura snapped stomping on his foot then walked away.

"This is going to be a loooong trip," Ko sighed resting her head on Kakashi's shoulder.

Throughout the walk back to the village, Ko finally fell asleep after everyone stopped bickering. Kakashi looked over at Ko seeing that she fell asleep which meant one less mouth to annoy him. He couldn't get the image of Ko's eyes out of his head. He could see them clearly through all the mist and she had to have done something to Sasuke healing his wounds. Hopefully the Hokage knew what that was because Kakashi was at a loss for words.

Sasuke looked over at Ko unable to get her words out of his mind. She sounded desperate to save his life and somehow she managed to do it. He knew he was dying, he could feel it, but once Ko placed her hands on him, he felt better.

"Kakashi sensei? Is Ko going to get better?" Sakura questioned falling into step with him.

"She's just really weak right now." He replied.

"But her chakra level isn't low anymore; why would she still be too weak to walk on her own?" She looked over at her female teammate. She looked tired but other than that it looked like there was nothing wrong with her.

"There was a lot of strain on her body like when I over used the Sharingan."

"Hey what was up with her eyes before? They were glowing bright red!" Naruto pointed out.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I've never encountered that before but I'm hoping Lord Hokage will have an answer or Ko herself knows." He's seen the glowing red eyes before but never heard of someone healing another who was on death's door.

"Do you know what Zabuza said to her before he died?" She questioned recalling him whispering something to her.

"I couldn't hear but whatever he said surprised her."

After a long journey, they finally made it to the village. Kakashi first took Ko to the hospital then went to the Hokage to submit the mission report. The rest of the team went home to get some rest. Ko sat in her hospital bed nervously waiting for Orochimaru to get back to her. Finally she felt Kabuto's presence outside the window.

"What did Lord Orochimaru say?" Ko questioned quickly turning towards him desperate for an answer. She had no idea what to do in this situation; only her father would know what to do.

"He said to figure it out yourself. This is your mission and you must get out of this situation on your own." Panic struck Ko; she didn't know what to do without her father.