Panic

Ko has been hospitalized for five days getting ready to be released within a few hours. Bandages were wrapped around her torso along with her arm and feet. When she arrived at the hospital, she had to be rushed into surgery receiving a blood transfusion due to her lack of blood and received stitches on her two major wounds. She hadn't realized how bad they were until she actually looked at her arm seeing a bit of bone under the shredded skin. Ko was thankful for Jiraiya arriving when he did, or she either would be dead or would've blown her cover in order to stay alive.

She was worried about the other one, who she learned was Kisame, knowing of her abilities. If he tells the rest of the Akatsuki about her, she would definitely be a person of interest. Ko was in her hospital bed sitting up and staring out the window about to summon a snake but was interrupted by someone climbing through her window. She looked over seeing Kabuto walking towards her.

"What happened to you?" Kabuto questioned eyeing the many bandages covering the girl.

"The Akatsuki. They came for Naruto and I was attacked by the seven swordsman Kisame."

"Is that why you were about to summon? To alert Orochimaru?" He questioned crossing his arms.

"Partly, they know of my abilities as a Himura; it was the only way I could fight them off."

"Hm well the cat will be out of the bag sooner than later. I'm assuming Sasuke ran into Itachi?"

"Yes, he is still in a coma recovering from the genjutsu he was under."

"Good, he'll be on our side in no time."

"H-how is he?" Ko questioned hesitantly. Her last encounter with Orochimaru was still fresh in her mind.

"Orochimaru? He's running out of time and needs a new body. You must work your magic to convince Sasuke to leave the village."

"I will once Jiraiya comes back with Tsunade. She's the only one who can wake Sasuke up."

"Tsunade eh? She should be close then." He chuckled as if he knew more about the situation.

Ko looked over at Kabuto noticing he was injured.

"What happened to you?" Ko questioned eyeing his injuries.

Before she could get a reply, Kabuto was gone leaving her alone once again. Her days in Konoha were now numbered. Orochimaru needed a new body which gave them about a month or so before he desperately needs it. Ko wasn't sure whose body he would use. Even if Sasuke goes to him, he needs to be stronger, his Sharingan isn't powerful enough. Orochimaru promised her that he would transplant the Sharingan into her eyes and kill Sasuke then take her body but that can't be done in such a short time.

"Father...why are you waiting for Sasuke? Take a new body of any of the other followers." Ko said quietly as she laid on her side trying not to put pressure on her back and bad arm.

The past few days have been lonely for Ko, reminding her of what it will be like when she's back home; isolated from the world. She hadn't received any visitors which was no surprise but she at least hoped Sakura would've stopped by when visiting Sasuke but she never did. The nurses weren't as talkative either, they did what they had to do and left. Kabuto was the first person she had been in contact with since she woke up in her hospital bed. She at least was able to work on the jutsu Jiraiya was going to teach her and made little progress, but it was a start. To make it easier on her, she cut her hair to make her bangs shorter to practice on.

The isolation gave her time to think about her decisions and what she really wanted out of life. It hasn't helped much but she knows staying in this village is extremely dangerous. Part of her wants to go back home to her Father but the other half wants to be a part of a village...not the Leaf but another one, a stronger one. Ko looked down in sadness knowing she will never be free from her Father and will be isolated from the world for the rest of her life.