Chapter 5

I felt myself being laid on the hard, hot concrete. Every time I opened my eyes there was nothing but blur, there was flashing lights and sirens. My head spun, a wave of realization washed over me and I jumped up off the ground.

"Excuse me, sir!" A man in a white shirt called out to me as I pushed him off, running straight towards the car. He continued to yell but I ignored him.

I watched as they lifted up the stretcher and wheeled Angela into the ambulance, my heart racing. I ran as fast as I could to the truck in a panic.

"Is she okay? Please!" I asked as they shut the doors, the man looking at me with sympathetic eyes nods.

"We're doing everything we can" he shut the doors in my face as the ambulance drove away quickly. I swallowed the urge to run after it and just stood there like a bloody idiot, literally bloody.

I watched the car drive away until I couldn't see it anymore, that's when the sound of Ashton screaming caught my attention and lead me back to the smoking car I woke up 5 feet away from.

"Oh god! Shit... Someone please help!" Ashton screamed as he paced back and forth, his hands folded on top of his head. His face was soaked in either sweat or tears & blood dripped from a deep cut on his forehead.

"Please my girlfriend!" he screamed at the paramedics, but they couldn't do anything until the fire department opened the car door. They had to pull Angela out from my side of the car because of the damage the apposing car did, but Madison was stuck and they couldn't pull her out without injuring her even more. So I stood and watched in shock while they forced the car open with the jaws of life.

"Ow... fuck!" Maddie cried out as she tried to sit up in the car seat, she was crying harder than I've ever seen someone cry.

"Ashton!" she cried out, seeing that he wasn't next to her anymore.

"I'm right here baby, fucking shit please help her!" Ashton screamed back, Maddie stared at him with pain in her eyes, but she looked more concerned about the blood on Ash's head than the blood dripping from herself.

"Ashton! Ashton it hurts" she cried even harder, I walked up to the car and started to ask questions, I asked what was wrong with Maddie, I asked if Angela was gonna be okay, I asked how long its been since the crash, I just kept asking. I needed answers.

"Excuse me, sir you need to back up please" the paramedic told me, trying to push me into the group of people that stood and watched my best friend get carried away.

"Are my friends okay?" I questioned, pushing him off of me. He looked at me in confusion, then looked me up and down.

"You need to get stitches" he pointed me in the direction of an ambulance that sat and waited for its next victim.

"Stitches?"
"What's your name?"
"Cal, Calum Hood"
"Calum can you feel your left arm?"
"Why whats wrong with my--holy shit that's blood, oh fuck-oh shit that's a lot of blood!" I frantically answered the paramedic, blood ran down my forearm and fell off my finger tips in a pool of red that was at my feet. A huge gash went all the way down my arm, I couldn't breathe, it's my blood!

I walked backwards to the ambulance, my eyes switched focus between bloody me, panicky Ash, and crying Maddie. I prayed that they'd be okay as they stuck me in the truck and drove me away. They added pressure to my arm and wrapped it up until we reached the ER but I couldn't feel a single thing, only worry.