Five.

"So are you going to tell me your name?" I look to see none other than mister Jones himself standing right in front of my till.
I shake my head, I tried not talking to him incase he remembers my voice, so I stuck with nods, shakes of the head or a few 'ooh' 'ahh' noises in agreement.

He huffed slightly and ordered his regular 3 packs of 10 sterling superking cigarettes without another word.

I sighed in relief once he had left the shop. I think I needed a new job or transfer to a different nisa, because I couldn't stay mute for much longer around him. He's infectious and will get want he wants in the end. And if I'm his new/already once was target, I need to run. I won't allow my heart to get hurt all over again.

"Care to explain why you won't talk to him" I turn to Adam who got his brow raised waiting for an answer. I didn't realise he was paying attention to me.

I just shrug "I don't particularly like the guy, gives me the creeps ya'know."
I hoped he would buy it and wouldn't push it further.

"It's alright Rosie. I see the problem here" I hold my breath. He does? Am I that bad of a liar!?
"You're obviously hung up on me baby cakes. You don't want another guy." He winks at me and I laugh.

He knows how to cheer me up. I give him that. And that is why I really do love my job. It might be just working in my local corner shop. But, the people I work with are so caring and lovely to me I don't think I could find that anywhere else.

"Oh shut up you complete twat" I roll my eyes but still have a genuine smile on my face.
But it didn't last for long. Harley come back in. And my laughter fell silent.

"Look, I didn't mean to be rude when we first bumped into each other, it was an immediate reaction because you had white crap all over you-"

"Flour, it was flour over me" I state.

He pauses momentarily before continuing. "Okay you had flour over you. So I'm sorry. Okay I'm sorry. Will you talk to me now? This is the reason
You're not talking to me right?"
There was a glint in his eyes, making my fall into them.

I scoffed but couldn't explain to as why I'm getting angry. Because then he would know. And I don't want that humiliation again.

"Why do you want to know me so bad huh?" I cringed at myself for taking to him. See! He's already doing it to me.
"Why can't you just leave me alone now that I've moved on."
His confused face caught on to the last part I had said. Crap. "I mean just let me do my job and stop bothering me okay!" I sounded like a bitch, a nasty one of that too. I could see I had hurt him in some way, rejecting his apology and shooing him away. But it had to be done. My heart was caged from him, he wasn't ever getting the key back.

His brow was creased, but it's like a lightbulb went off in his pretty little blonde head. "Oooh, I get it now."

I hold my breath yet again, I feel like I lack oxygen when I'm around this toad, he's finally clicked in hasn't he!? He knows who I am!.

"You're a lesbian."

The relief, the fucking relief I felt was like having a junk food night - enjoys scoffing it all,  until the morning when you feel like shit.
It felt great he didn't know know who I was but all the same I was still disappointed.

"I -" how did I go about this? I could tell the truth - well somewhat and say I'm not and that he's just an Arse. Or, I can lie - more than I already am and say I am and he can just leave me alone?

"Well that's clearly why you don't wanna know me love, otherwise you would be all over me" his smirk made my fanny flutter but his words infuriated me further.

"Pft. You're no gods gift mate." I roll my eyes at his arrogance. "Because I'm not falling at your feet I have to be a lesbian!?"

"Yes." 

I was seething but this was my way out, this was it. Being able to close that door and finally lock it .

"Yerh. Fine I'm a lesbian."
He confirms with a nod like 'I already know' kinda thing.
He thinks he won - again.
"You can fùck off now." With a smile plastered on my face, I know I've pissed him off.

He just stands there, I can see he's trying to hold back calling me something that will result in him getting banned from the shop.

The tension was getting too much but that's when Adam stepped in.
"I think you should just leave, and let her do her job okay?" Hearing someone else's voice made him click back to where we were. He stared down Adam but held his tongue from saying anything further. He left willingly but turned one last time to look at me before exiting the shop.

I looked at Adam with appreciation, my heart slightly swelling for him to stick up for me without really knowing the reason for my rudeness towards a customer. I give a lazy smile before serving the next person in line.