Eight.

He just held me. Arms wrapped around me, my head against his chest. His heart was racing, beating the same as mine. I was melting all over again. God damn it!

I pulled away and gave him my best stare. I walked past him with every ounce of willpower I had left.

"Rosie" he called out to me grabbing my hand. Again with those sparks.

"What? What do you want from me? Can't you just leave me alone?" It was a plea, everything with my dad, and then Harley coming back. It just brought back memories I had locked away, ones that were happy, but ones that would hurt me to think of. I sighed and let the tears flow. It felt good to finally cry properly.

"Look, there's a cafe just around the corner. Let me buy you a coffee okay?" With his free hand he wiped away the tears that were falling down my cheeks.
I just nod in response along with a hiccup.

He didn't let go of my hand the whole time we walked to the cafe, nor did I try to take it away. I just let him take me freely. I didn't have the energy to fight anymore.

We sat in the corner away from the window view. He still held my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles. It was relaxing having him touch me again. I had missed his company. A lot.
He ordered our coffees and a sticky toffee bun.
My heart leapt a little. It was something we would alway order on a Saturday. 2 coffees and bun to share.

"Wanna talk about it?"
I just shrug. I don't wanna do anything anymore.
"Not really Harley." He thumb stilled, causing me to look at him with confusion.

"You know, I don't recall ever telling you my name, how do you know it?" His eyebrow raised. Curiosity stilling in his eyes.

Harley's POV:

I waited for her reply, she seemed so familiar to someone I used to know, so natural to be around.
When I first saw her I knew she wasn't looking, I knew she was concentrating on her task. But I deliberately let her bump into me, even risked getting covered in the flour she had all over to her. Something drew me to her. I needed to talk to her.

My heart stopped when she looked into my eyes. I thought it was her. I thought it was my Amber. The girl I lost. My best friend.

"I heard one of your friends call you the other day in the shop." She shrugged and pulled her hand away from mine to hold her cup.
I knew she was lying but let it slide.

I got the knife and cut the bun in half, giving the second piece to Rosie.
Her baby blue eyes lit up, she shifted in her seat like she was trying to debate something. Her eyes were saying yes but her frown said no. She shook her head.

"Why were you crying" I tried again, I really didn't like to see her cry.
Although I've been an ass to her. It felt like I had too. Something was telling me to annoy her. Piss her off. The weird thing was, I enjoyed seeing her get flustered, blush and angry all at the same time. It reminded me of someone.
I really thought it was her, until I found out her name is Rosie. My heart sank a little it wasn't my Amber after all. I mean she looks so similar, apart from being a slim version and maybe more gobby.

"I miss my dad." She admits, I just about caught what she said, it come out in a whisper.

"Is he-" how do I ask if he's dead? I was making this awkward.

"He's in jail." She confirmed for me, knowing what I was going to say.

"But you have your family support you at least?" I needed to make sure she was getting the comfort she needed.

"He is my family." My heart just crumbled I need to look after her.
This is crazy. I don't even know her but I feel like I've known her my whole life, I'm confused.

I stand up and go around the table to sit beside her small frame. I pull her into my side and run my hand up and down her arm. My head resting on top of hers. I Whisper soothing things into her hair.
"I'm here now." Is the last thing I say.