Chapter 3

It has been a week since she moved to her Uncle Ben's house. She was still coping up and she still misses her father so much. He somehow managed to call her almost twice a day and she couldn't help to cry every time she talks to him over the phone. She still couldn't get used to their situation. She's a daddy's girl and it's the first time he has been away from her for this long knowing it might take months or a year before they could see each other again. He was her only parent and imagine being away from the person you were with all through your life made her feel so alone. It was not bad living in her Uncle Ben and Aunt Meryl's house at all. The couple was good indeed and treating her like one of the members of their family. It was just Elena she was not comfortable with but she somehow manages to tolerate her cockiness and mean treatment. There are times they ignore each other which is much okay on her part and there are times she was in a good mood and treat her okay if only her parents were around. Well, she was completely fine with that as long as she doesn't meddle her business and privacy.

Sitting on the couch in the living room while reading a magazine that weekend morning was one of her past times. The ending of the school's vacation is getting near and it's kinda boring because she doesn't usually go out in the house. What for? Her two best friends Macky and Hannah are out on a vacation with their families so she just chose to stay at home the whole week like now while keeping herself busy reading magazines trying to ease her boredom. It's just so frustrating her father went away this time of the year while it was school's vacation. They could have done a summer vacation on a beach, camping in a forest, and done a lot of activities before he went out of the country. They usually camp and go out of town during her school vacation. He left two weeks before the ending of her school's vacation. Can you imagine that? She still has one more boring week to stay at the house. It was probably the saddest and boring school vacation she ever had for she was alone and mostly staying at the house.

Uncle Ben and Aunt Meryl are not at home at this time. They left early in the morning so meaning Elena and her are left alone in the house. They rarely talk to each other, practically because they hate each other. They both used to act okay and nice in front of Elena's parents. You know, pretending that they were getting along with each other. She thinks it is better that way than to be noticed by her Aunt and Uncle that they were not on good terms. The couple will surely worry and she doesn't want to be a bother or create trouble in their family because of that. She would rather tolerate Elena or ignore her.

The good thing is next week is the starting of school so she's kinda excited. She'll be in sixth grade and she wonders how's it going to be? Just thinking about it excites her more. She was about to turn the page on the magazine she was holding when someone behind her suddenly talked and took her attention. When she turned her head and faced the owner of the voice, her world suddenly ceased to exist never imagined she will see the person now in front of her in the house of her Uncle and Aunt. Her face automatically brightens up while her eyes twinkled with joy.

"Thyago....." She mumbled.

Thyago was her ultimate crush since fourth grade. He was three years ahead of her and the very first time she saw him, she had awakened strange feelings she never thought will occur in her by just seeing his face. He finally had a crush for the very first time in her existence. It was the first day of school at that time and they accidentally bumped into each other. He picked the books and her bag that splattered on the floor and hand them over to her. He even apologized and said he didn't mean it. At first, she wants to get mad and tell him to watch his steps but when she saw his face, oh boy, it seems like all the mean words that she was about to say suddenly forgotten. She couldn't help herself to gasp when she saw his very hatty face. She had never seen anybody so charming and delightful like him. Her young heart was thrilled in the strange feelings she suddenly felt towards meeting him. She wonders then if he's a fallen angel because he had the most beautiful face she had ever seen in her entire life. She even fluttered her eyelashes when she met those green eyes to check if she's dreaming or not. She finds him very generous and adorable. Her heart beats so fast like a runaway train but she loves the feeling of it.