Chapter 8

At recess time, she patiently waited for Thyago to come out of his classroom clinging the tuna sandwiches made specially by her together with two canned soft drinks. She was planning to invite him to eat with her this recess time as a token of gratitude for teaching her in her Math lesson. If he ever liked the food he prepared, she might as well donut daily. That will be an extra points in stealing the heart of her beloved Thyago. When she finally saw the person she's waiting for, she immediately comes near to him and blocked his way the moment he came out of his classroom.

"Hi, Thyago!" She greeted giving him her sweetest smile she has.

"Oh, hi Blessie!" Thyago replied looking surprised when he saw her.

"I brought you food as a token of my gratitude for helping me in my Math lesson. I got a high score in our quiz by the way and I owe you that!" She really made her voice sounds very delighted and grateful.

"That was great! But you shouldn't have bothered giving me those. It's my pleasure to help you, you know..." He humbly said that made her smile secretly.

Oh my ever so helpful Prince Charming! See how he's so delighted to help me?

"Why you're such very humble? Come on, this was my way of thanking you so you gotta come with me and we'll eat this food I brought together." She said it in a way like she was not taking "No" for an answer then grab his arms immediately and lead him for a walk.

Better watch out my Thyago, because soon enough you'll realize I'm the only one for you. I'm gonna steal your heart and you'll be head over heels in love with me...

They went to the Student's Park and chose a vacant table there. She put down the lunch box she was carrying on the table and gently opened it to show him what she was bringing.

"So what do you have there?" He asked giving her an exciting look. She smiled at him before she opens the box and pulls out the two sandwiches and drinks.

"Wow, sandwich! I love sandwiches!" He gladly said then immediately grab the sandwich and took a bite of it.

She smiled in that gesture. He seemed like he was happy she brought him food as a token of gratitude. Who would have thought that the rich and good mayor son was simple and humble this way?

"Glad you do. I actually made it myself." She proudly told him.

She might never afford to offer him expensive gifts. She might not have a rich and famous family that can help and befriend his parents, at least she can guarantee him that she was willing to do everything to make him happy and with these simple efforts, she was hoping she can make him happy even if this all she can do for now.

"What's this sandwich anyway? It tastes really good..." He said it in between chews.

"Tuna. A tuna sandwich." She answered.

"A what!!!" His eyes widened in shock then immediately spilled out the food he was chewing on his mouth then gargled his mouth with the drinks in a haste. Feeling worried, she gave him a questioning look.  Honestly, got offended for acting like he accidentally ate some awful and disgusting food. She was not judgemental so she waits for him to explain.

He looked back at her with an apologizing look then said:

"Ummm... I'm allergic to any kind of fish or seafood. I-I'm sorry Blessie..." He said looking embarrassed while his head stoops down as if he was afraid to meet her offended look.

His expressions were genuine and he really looks like he was afraid to offend her. Actually, she never felt that way. She even got worried about what would be the effect of the food he had eaten on him. It's funny because she even claimed that she knew everything about him when this important thing she failed to learn. But her heart appreciates that he doesn't want to hurt her and got melted with his expression when he sincerely apologized.