The Call

"He slipped me his number, Whiskers. His number!" Jamie shouted as he plopped down next to his cat on the couch.
After he got over most of his shock, he had changed into a large blue t-shirt that had the word 'FABULOUS' on the front in large, bold letters and a pair of black sleep shorts that came down to his knees.
The old white cat looked up at her owner and curled up in his lap, hoping to stop him from stressing out more than he already was.
"Should I call him?" he mumbled to himself and yelped when Whiskers dug her claws into his thigh.
"Okay, I get it! I won't call him," he said and the cat retracted her claws and began purring.
"Anyway, let's go get some Ice Cream," the young man sighed as he scooped his cat into his arms and walked into the kitchen where he sat her on the counter and opened the freezer that was stuffed with Ice Cream.
"Let's see...aha! Mint!" he grinned as he pulled the frozen treat out of the freezer and sat it down on the counter beside Whiskers while he grabbed a bowl out of one of the cabinets.
He scooped some Ice Cream into it and grabbed a spoon before grabbing his cat and his bowl and walking back out into the living room where he plopped back down onto the couch and began eating.
Whiskers curled up in the young man's lap once more and stared at the tv screen where a thing called Supernatural was playing.
"Heh, everyone knows except them. They totally belong together," Jamie mumbled as he licked his Ice Cream off of his spoon and intently watched the tv as he repeatedly mumbled 'Destiel' under his breath.
He jumped when he heard his notification ring go off on his phone and quickly grabbed it off of the table.
He let out a small hum when he saw that it was a text from Lars.

hey man, there was some dude at the shop today asking about you

Let me guess, dark hair, flashy clothes, and shit-eating grin?

yep. you know him?

Not exactly... I kind of ran into him today and he slipped me his number.

wow. anyway, saddie and i shooed his ass out of the store with a broom and told him to stop fucking with you

Thanks...?

don't mention it, man

Well, I've got to get back to Supernatural.

YOU'RE WATCHING THAT TOO?!

Yeah! Do you ship it?

of course i ship it!

Then let's get back to our shippings!

okay! see you tomorrow!

Bye!

Jamie giggled as he turned his phone back off and directed his attention back to his show and his Ice Cream.
Only a few minutes back into the show, his eyes slowly drifted over to the slip of paper laying beside him on the couch.
He slowly reached over and snatched the paper up, looking at the number before grabbing his phone and dialing Kevin's number.
It rang a few times before it stopped and there was a voice on the other side.
"Hello?"
"Uh, hi! I-It's me, J-Jamie. The mailman from today."
"Oh, hi. So, I see you finally decided to call me."
"Y-Yeah."
"Well then, how about a date? Tomorrow at seven, I'll pick you up."
"O-Okay."
"See you tomorrow, cutie~"
Jamie quickly hung up and tossed his phone over to the other side of the couch as he put his flushed face in his hands and quietly groaned.
I regret it already...He thought and yelped as Whiskers dug her claws into his leg again.
"STOP THAT ALREADY!"