Untitled Part 12

Liz entered the kitchen. She walked towards the stove, turned on the water and splashed some in her face. She reached for a towel to dry it off and grabbed the phone from the counter, putting it into the pocket of her sweatshirt. She left the kitchen, walked through the livingroom and left the house, not once looking up from the ground directly infront of her feet. Outside, Ryan was already waiting for her, the engine running. She got into the car and dialed 911, telling the person on the line what had happened and hung up. Then she just sat there, starring straight ahead. A tear slowly began to make it's way down her cheek. Ryan took her phone and threw it in the backseat, keeping his eyes on the street. His right hand went up to turn on the radio, hesitated and fell back down. Tears were streaming down his face but he kept starring straight ahead, his jawline tense and his mouth tight. He only relaxed a little when he heard a surpressed sob from the right, wiped away his tears and put his hand on the side of Liz' seat.

„It's gonna be allri-" his voice broke and he tried again

„It'll be over soon, we'll make it through this" he said, another tear escaping his eye.

„Just give me your hand, we'll make it through this, I promise" he repeated.

Liz looked at him hesitantly, wiping at her eyes and stifled another sob.                                             Then she put her shaking hand in his.                                                                                                                   Her tiny, shaking, snowwhite hand.