In All His Glory

Lorelai's Pov:
It felt like Rory and I had a lifetime before she had to leave. But she was gone. Already. It seemed to early for her to leave.
I walked outside and seen Paul Anka following me. I put his leash on him and walked through town. Rory and I had so many memories here. I stopped in front of Luke's. I remember the feeling of his lips touching mine. It made me tingle. I missed him. I still love him. I took Paul Anka home and got a cup of coffee to drink while I read the paper. There was a knock on the door. I stood up and answered the door. There stood Dean. "Did she leave?" He asked quietly. I nodded. "Okay then. Bye Lorelai," he said and left. He had a look in his eyes. He missed Rory.
He missed Rory as I missed Luke before the kiss. Before every thing. I finished my coffee and went to the diner. I walked in and seen Luke. I seen people watching as I walked in. I looked around for Luke. "Ceaser?" I said. "Yes, Lorelai?"
"Where's Luke?" I felt more eyes on me. "Dooses Market."
I ordered some coffee. It felt like hours before Luke finally came in. I looked at my phone and seen it had only been 10 minutes. I smiled as he walked behind the counter. "Hi," he said and gave me a small smile. "Hi," I said. He poured me some more coffee. "Pancakes?" He asked.
"Of course." He walked into the back in all his glory. Lane came in holding Steve and Kwan. "Hi, Lane." I said. I took Steve into my arms and held him the way I used to hold Rory.
"Hi, Lorelai," Lane said and sat down beside me. "Oh, hey Lane," Luke said when walking out of the kitchen with my plate. He set it in front of me.
"Hi Luke," she said and ordered some waffles and eggs and bacon. Steve started to fuss and I rubbed his back and he began to quiet down.
"Luke, I need help," I said. He looked over at me and set the plate down he was holding. "Will you hold Steve so Lane and I can eat?" I asked and he looked into my eyes. He sighed and took Steve from me and played with him. I smiled and began eating. He tickled him and held onto him while taking orders. Lane smiled.
"So," Lane said and glanced at Luke. I looked at him the way he held Steve. "Hm?" I said and tried to cover up the fact that we kissed.
"Everyone already knows Lorelai. This is Stars Hollow!" I knew everyone would know. But I wanted to cover it up. I love Luke but I don't want to jeopardize everything by believing too much.
"Yeah. This is Stars Hollow." My voice was quiet as I looked back up at Luke who was cuddling Steve. I was still afraid of everything that would happen. Or if anything would happen.
"So, are you guys back together or what?" She had on a smile. A reassuring smile that if something I said was bad she could reassure me in seconds.
"I'm not sure." I looked up at Luke as he looked at me. Our eyes locked. For this moment I felt like everything would be fine. But I'm scared as soon as our eyes unlock. "Oh okay. I'm not trying to pry. I'm just trying to do what Rory would do." I smiled at her and she nodded and left after Luke put Steve into her arms.
"Luke," I said quietly. "I miss you." He had a glimmer of hope in his eyes. He came over and sat beside
"I miss you too," he said quietly. I wanted to kiss him right then. I wanted to bury my face in the crook of his neck. But I refrained myself. He stood up and I set my money on the counter and left. As I walked I seen someone. Someone familiar. Anna Nardini. Luke's ex and April's mother. She looked at me and I quickly continued walking to the Dragonfly.

Luke's Pov:
I didn't know what was going to happen between Lorelai and me. I remember holding Steve. I imagined someone else in my mind. Mine and Lorelai's baby. I know it's crazy.
I imagined bright blue eyes and a little laugh that makes my world shine. A little girl. Dark hair and everything that reminds me of Lorelai.
I was setting a plate down when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around immediately thinking it was Lorelai. It wasn't. It was Anna Nardini. "I want to give you full custody of April."
"Wait, what?" I thought back to everything that happened before. Between Lorelai and me.
"I've thought about this a lot. She talks about you all the time. She sounds happier after she has been with you, Luke. I'm having some issues myself and I want April in safe hands. I don't expect an answer right away. Think about it, okay?" She handed me papers and I just nodded. I was wondering what could have been wrong. "What issues?" I felt myself say.
"Health issues," was all she said before leaving the diner. Miss Patty was looking at me.
"I'll tell her." I felt myself needing to say that. Patty and Babette just nodded and continued eating. I sighed and continued.