Stars Hollow, Are You There?

Lorelai's POV:
The crying Liz slumped onto the couch while T.J tried to feed a screaming Doula. "What happened?" Luke asked T.J.
"There was a woods fire and we didn't realize it--" T.J. began.
"You guys can stay here for awhile," I said. And Liz nodded feebly. 
"You can stay in April's room while she's at camp," Luke added and led them back there.
"This should be interesting," Luke said when we were in the kitchen eating chicken and green beans. I nodded.
"I just can't believe that happened," I said looking up at him. He nodded in agreement and squeezed my knee.
  "We need to help them," I blurted out. "More than giving them a place to stay. Find them a nice apartment. Get them settled," Luke didn't look startled but he seemed happy I'd said that.
  "I think so too," I said. That's how it began. Rory had slipped out quietly.

  I laid in bed beside Luke.  I winced and curled up close to Luke. I moved his arm so that it was wrapped around me and I laid my head in the crook of his neck and inhaled his scent. It was heavenly to be able to do this.
  Luke pulled me closer and that's when I realized, he too couldn't sleep. "Luke," I whispered. His eyes stayed shut. I sighed and stared off into space.

  Rory's POV:
  I looked outside my window. My vision was blurry and I walked over to my desk and opened my computer. On the screen sat an e-mail from a magazine. I replied quickly and shut it when Mom walked inside. "Oh, hey," I said and walked to the kitchen. I flung open a cupboard and grabbed a pop tart.
  "Hey, kid," she said. I looked over at her and poured two mugs of coffee. "What's up?" I asked and sat down on the couch beside her and handed her a mug.
  "I was wondering if you loved me. Do you?" She asked and raised an eyebrow. I smirked at this.
  "Yes, I do. What do you want?" I said and grabbed a piece of my pop tart.
  "So, you heard what happened to Liz and T.J.?" Mom said. I nodded and paused. "I was wondering if you'd come home and Liz and T.J. could stay here with Doula?" She asked.
  "Baby wants you to." She added. I thought for a few moments.
  "Fine," I said. Mom smiled and suddenly remembered she shouldn't be drinking coffee. I snatch the half-empty cup and she gave a feeble smile.

  Luke's POV:
  I poured some tea for Lorelai. She was chewing on her lip. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I said. "Did Rory agree?" I added.
  Lorelai just nodded. "You want coffee don't you?" I said and she nodded and attempted to give me a begging look.
  "No," I said and pressed my lips to hers for a few moments before Rory came in. Lorelai gave me a small goofy smile and turned to Rory when she sat down.
  "So, I was thinking that maybe Liz should stay upstairs," Lorelai said. That's when I realized that upstairs was empty. Rory gaped at her. "But they just got settled into my apartment. Why don't I go up there?" Rory said. I thought for a moment.
  "What could go wrong?" I asked and Lorelai shrugged and I realized it was more than anything else she missed Rory. "Mom, it'll be fine," Rory attempted to reassure her. As I walked by I gave Lorelai's shoulder a squeeze. She forced a smile and nodded. That's why she turned it down when I suggested Liz and T.J. should stay there: a reason to bring Rory home.

  Rory's POV:
  "What'll be the name if they're a girl or a boy?" I said as I sat on the couch with Mom.
  "Well, I'm thinking for a girl, Marie. Marie was Luke's, Mom's name so we decided that should be it. A boy, on the other hand, Luke had suggested James, which I turned down," Mom said. I giggled at that.
  "You could have a mini James Bond," I mused and Mom smirked.
  I walked out to the kitchen and got a cup of coffee. Mom gasped at that. "How could you?" Mom said. I smiled and shrugged.
  "One sip," I'd said when Luke had walked inside.
  "Rory, why are you giving her coffee?" Luke asked and walked into the living room.
  "It was going to be one sip," Mom said in defense. Luke smirked and came over and pecked her lips.
  "What do you guys want for dinner?" He asked Mom and me.
  "Salad," Mom said when I'd said pizza. "Salad?" I questioned and gaped at her. She pointed at her belly and I shook my head.
  "Fine, I'll have salad," I grumbled. Mom grinned.  "Do you think the gazette could take someone---a volunteer?" I asked her and she thought for a moment.
  "Actually, I think they could. I'm sure Taylor would be happy to oblige." I gave a small smile and nodded at this. I didn't think I'd get the jobs I'd been hoping for. I'd kept lying to people and saying that I'd gotten them.