Chapter One: A Peculiar Visit

It was a beautiful summer day. 86 degrees, a soft cooling breeze rustling through the lush green trees, fluffy clouds billowing across the blue sky.

Children laughed and played outside. The pool was crowded with kids hoping to enjoy their last bit of summer to its fullest.

But where was Emily?

A peek inside the living room of her home would reveal that she was presently lying sprawled across the couch, a Dr. Pepper in hand, watching television.

She hummed along to the theme song of RWBY as she watched her twelfth episode of the afternoon. It had been four hours since she had even been on her feet-- with the exception of having to go to the kitchen to grab her soda from the fridge.

Her summer accomplishments: Five different anime series completed. Her goal for the remainder of the summer: complete as many more anime as possible.

Emily was so absorbed in her anime show that she didn't even notice the figure that had just materialized at the door. It appeared to be a genie-- a ghost with human features, but where his legs should have been, there was a wisp that slowing vanished into nothing.

The genie watched the girl in disgust for a second.

Ahem! Ahem! He cleared his throat.

Emily still did not notice him.

I hate my job, thought the genie. I could have been a conscience, or a Christmas ghost-- but no, I get stuck with this.

"Excuse me," he said.

"Shhhh!" Emily hissed. "My favorite song is playing!"

The genie rolled his eyes.

They're all the same, he thought grumpily.

Finally, he floated over to the T.V. and with a click of the power button, he made the screen go black.

"HEY!" Emily shouted. But suddenly, she became aware of the fact that there was a stranger in the house-- not to mention that this strange had no legs.

"Who are you?" Emily asked, sitting up straight. She was aware that she was the only one at home, since her family had gone off to do some sort of "productive activity," like hike or go to the library.

"Well," said the genie. "Now that you are paying me some attention, I will introduce myself. I am the Anime Genie."

At the mention of anime, he had Emily's full attention.

"All summer, you have been watching anime without end," said the Anime Genie. "Your very soul has become so consumed, in fact, that a part of your soul has been completely swallowed by the anime dimension. In order to free it, you must spend five days in the anime world and complete a quest to free it."

"Okay," said Emily, sitting up straighter and spilling some Dr. Pepper on the couch.

"'Okay?'" repeated the genie. "Don't you have any questions?"

"Nope," replied Emily. "That sounds like fun. Do I get to chose which anime I spend the five days in?

The genie hesitated. Usually he had to answer a dozen questions before it came to this one.

"Well, yes," he said. "But, don't you want to know how it works? How your soul came to be--?"

"Nah, I getchu," Emily said, dabbing her spilled soda with her shirt.

"You're not going to ask whether five days there means five days here?"

"Does it?"

"No, more like seconds."

"Okay then. How do we do this then?" asked Emily. "Do I just tell you which anime I want to go to and you wave a magic wand, or...?"

"Well, yes-- I mean, no-- I mean, yeah, just tell me which anime world you want to go to and I will send you there." The Anime Genie was almost entirely at a loss for words. Never had he met a girl so eager to go and with so few questions for him.

Hmmm... thought Emily. Should I go to Attack on Titan? Nah, I'd only be eaten by a titan. Fairy Tale? Perhaps...

No, she thought. Naruto. She would go into Naruto and meet all the characters and become a ninja.

"Naruto!" she exclaimed to the genie. "I want to go to Konoha."

"Okay," said the genie. He sounded exhausted.

He lifted his right hand, snapped his fingers, and...

The living room spun and shifted around Emily.

"AARGH!" she screamed as her Dr. Pepper vanished.

The jerk, she thought. He didn't say anything about my soda disappearing.

The next thing she knew, she was lying on the ground, just outside of the entrance to the Hidden Leaf Village. She looked at her hands and feet and realized that she now appeared to be an animated character.

"Rose and Sarah are going to be so jealous," said Emily, referring to her older sisters. She reached down to see if her iPod was still in her back pocket. But she was no longer wearing her shorts and t-shirt. She was wearing a dark blue tunic with short sleeves and black leggings. She suddenly became aware that she had a headband around her head. She yanked it off and looked at it. It was a ninja headband with the Hidden Leaf symbol on the metal surface.

"A real ninja!" gasped Emily. She wondered if she had real chakra now as well.

Five days. She decided that she would hurry and explore the village before her time was up.

"Hey, you!"

_____________________________________________________________

And thus Emily finds herself in the Konoha.

How cheesy is this from 1 - 10? I think it's pretty cheesy. But it is fun to write!

Stay tuned!!!!