Chapter fifteen: it's him

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Ⓐfter school ended Taehyung avoided Jungkook as he went straight home, and when he was in the house's view, he saw a figure sitting on his porch, and he realised it was Yoongi who was there with his face hidden in his hands as he sat there.

It reminded Taehyung immediately about how Yoongi had been weird the other day, and how he seemed to have recognised Park Jimin, but Taehyung had been too caught up these days as he'd only been with Jungkook where he helped him because of the accident. The sight of his older friend looking like life had just been drained out of him made him feel guilty for forgetting about him.

"Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung asked as he was now standing right in front of him.

Yoongi glanced up from his hands. "Taehyung," he whispered. The blond male could literally hear the cracking in his voice as he said his name only, and he understood Yoongi needed someone to talk to and comfort him.

"Come inside," he said as he unlocked the door and dragged the older inside with him and placed them both on the sofa, ignoring the inappropriate thoughts that entered his mind whenever he glanced at the sofa. "What's wrong?" he asked.

Yoongi sighed heavily. "What have you been doing these days? Haven't heard from you since you were at work." As Yoongi started talking, he seemed to be reminded of something, "and they said you were off work because you were in an accident." He glanced at Taehyung's body to spot the injured limb of him, and that's when he spotted his swollen up leg that had luckily started to heal and Taehyung would start to work again in a few weeks.

"Yeah, sorry for not calling or returning your texts," he apologised, "I've been a bit caught up myself, but I'm here now," he smiled. "Will you tell me what's wrong? And why you know my colleague, Park Jimin?"

Yoongi sighed again. "It's him," he replied.

Taehyung went silent for a minute, trying to figure out what he meant, but then suddenly he remembered: did he mean the guy he avoided these years after confessing was Park Jimin?

"Wait, Jimin is the guy you confessed to?" he asked just to be sure. Yoongi slowly nodded, avoiding Taehyung's confused gaze. "So you didn't know he worked with me at Jin's Diner?" Somehow, the thought of Jimin getting a girlfriend just after Yoongi had confessed his love for him just seemed too unreal. Jimin wasn't that kind of guy... But this was of course years ago; who knew what kind of guy Jimin actually was back then. Obviously he wasn't a bad person, or else Yoongi wouldn't had fallen for him.

"I didn't, no," he replied lifelessly, "apparently he lives close by, but I haven't seen him around your school."

Taehyung nodded. "He lives close by and he's homeschooled. I've met him before when talking a walk, going to the hospital or just to the grocery store," he explained shortly.

Yoongi seemed even more depressed by just talking about his old crush. "Yeah," he just mumbled.

"I'm sorry, just don't come to Jin's Diner anymore, and you won't meet him, yeah?" he suggested, but Yoongi only shrugged.

"I guess I need to talk to him for a moment, so I'll stop by soon anyways," he said.

"Taehyung, you here?" yelled another voice by the entrance, and the front door was soon following as it opened. "Taeh - " He interrupted himself as he spotted the male he was looking for, but when his eyes landed on the stranger, his expression changed immediately.

"Hey, isn't that Jungkook, the boy you like?" Yoongi asked, not exactly quietly, and if Jungkook didn't already know, Taehyung would beat his friend up to a plump.