A day at work with Kim Kibum

Key woke up earlier than usual. He had been drooling all over the couch. How embarrassing... He rubbed his eyes and looked around. The sun hadn't fully risen yet. The tv was turned off, probably by Jonghyun. Mess was all around as per usual. Jonghyun's keys were on the kitchen table. His shoes were on the floor. His jacket had dropped from one of the chairs. The towel he had used to shower was lying on the middle of the floor. But wait. That was Key's towel. Then what was he wearing? NOTHING?! He prayed to god that Jonghyun hadn't seen anything when he got home yesterday. Key got to remembering... He had an early shift at the diner today-! He hurried up and threw on his uniform, brushed his teeth and grabbed a banana for breakfast.

"Dude, why are you late? The diner's filled up with breakfast-eaters!", it was funny how Amber never called people, people, but something like breakfast-eaters or dinner-wanters.

"Well, I'm here now. I'll take it from her newbies", Key said and laid a hand on his chest.

"Well, your highness. Why don't you start by singing some jazz by the piano?", Amber chuckled.

Key sat down by the piano and started playing. The song was called beautiful tonight. He didn't know the artist, but it was a beautiful song. He got a lot of applause.

"You aced it as always. Now what's next?", Amber asked Key.

"Well, you can start by singing the birthday song by table number 4", someone chimed in from the kitchen. Minho came out with a cake.

"I don't think this day will be that bad", Key smiled and calmly walked over to table 4.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was lunchtime for Key. Unfortunately Amber, and Minho had the lunch shift, so there was only the new waiter Chanyeol to eat with. Key hadn't really talked to him, but he seemed nice so he thought 'what the hell'.

"Hey! Chanyeol? Want pizza?", Key asked and smiled at the boy who was brushing a washcloth on a table.

"Sure!", he said and smiled back at him.

They walked to the closest pizza hut and ordered three slices each. As they sat down to eat, Key got to thinking. Chanyeol was ridiculously pretty. He had a deep voice which did something to Key. He spaced out for a moment and didn't hear what Chanyeol said.

"So what's the reason you're buying me food?", he asked.

"Well, you looked hungry, we had lunch break at the same time and we might as well eat together. Am I right?", Key answered flatly without emotion.

"Well then", Chanyeol chuckled.

"So what's going on in your life? Boyfriend, girlfriend, new house, I don't know. Something?", Chanyeol asked suddenly and chuckled.

Key was startled and didn't know quite how to answer.

"Well, I got a new roommate not that long ago, but unfortunately no boyfriend", Key smiled.

"Shame", Chanyeol said and winked.

Key just laughed it away and didn't think much of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

There were three long hours left of Key's shift. He sang some Britney Spears and some songs by Bigbang. He couldn't wait to get home to food, television and comfort.

"Key! You want to go partying tonight? There's something cool going on in this club I know", Minho asked eagerly when they were washing dishes together.

"What's going on?", Key said and half smiled while raising one of his thick brown eyebrows.

"There's masked lap-dance night. You need to cover your face. Exciting right?", Minho moved his eyebrows up and down while biting his lower lip.

"Sure, why not", Key said and half smiled again. "I just need to find something to wear.