Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kai's POV-

I couldn't believe it. We were free. Well Zin and I were. Sort of. After we ran out of the lab, we went straight into the woods. Zin was on my back, invisible while I stuck out like a sore thumb. Black fur in snowy woods? Ha, we're dead. I heard an explosion and hightailed it north, knowing fully well they'd be after us soon.

"Go straight. I know where we are." Zin's voice instructed.

I barked once and kept following his directions. The forest seemed endless. I had no idea where we were but I could smell very strong magic coming from somewhere ahead. The trees started thinning and that's when I saw the smoke, the village, the kingdom, everything. I stopped dead in my tracks and started barking like mad. I couldn't go in there!

"Go! I'm allowing you to enter the kingdom, by protection of the princess! Now go!"

For some reason, at the name of the princess my legs took off in a run. I ran towards the gate of the town but was suddenly stopped. I howled in pain. I looked at my left back paw and whimpered. Caught in another bear trap! Damn! I shifted back and yelled in pain.

"Kai!"

Zin appeared next to me, blood dripping from his forehead. That's when I heard the Wolfsbane.

"Zin, go." I said with some difficulty.

"No Kai I'm not."

"Go!" I yelled and shifted back.

Zin took off in a sprint and made it to the border of his land. I started biting at the bear trap and somehow, after howling in agony a couple times, I managed to chew through the metal. I limped towards Zin, who was waiting for me.

"Come on Kai!" He yelled, looking behind me.

I limped faster. I wasn't going to make it. I growled and hid under some bushes. Someone stopped right in front of me and I froze. When they turned around, I saw it was Gregory.

"Sir!"

He turned away from the bush I was occupying and went to whoever called him. My eyesight started getting fuzzy and I limped to the nearest building. The castle. I stepped over the border and walked towards a porch, my legs collapsing underneath me and everything went black.

Sorry its so short....next chapter will be longer. Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading. And dont forget to fan, vote and comment! Thanks.