Annalise

I despise tea parties. Thankfully, I brought headphones. Although my exterior is very feminine and proper, my soul isn't. I listen to music that sounds as if there are machines moving to a rhythm harmoniously. I wouldn't be caught dead listening to what is expected of me, which is mostly what you would hear at a tea party. I despise tea parties.
Even more often than modern music, I can't help but listen to music existing before the apocalypse. Artists like Queen, Lindsey Stirling, Flyleaf, Oingo Boingo, Evanesence, Savant, and Monstercat, which oddly enough tends to sound like what I hear now. Somewhat. The apocalypse still left several options to listen to older music. Many records and MP3 players were found. It was the houses that were in shambles. The structure of the music fascinates me. I doubt I will end up finding music destroyed.
Putting that aside, I go to my favorite place in the world. Something that nobody knows about. There is a large hill with a rock face, a cliff. Nothing that would kill someone who fell, considering it's about a seven foot drop. Trust me, I have managed to lose my balance several times off of it, and have only ever managed a sprained ankle and a bruised elbow.
In the side of the cliff though, there is a ledge one can sit on if they climb. Most have not though, and rarely investigate further. There is a small crevice in the wall. From there, I slip through to my secret hideout. It consists of a tunnel leading to a medium sized room, leading me to think it used to be some type of bunker. Inside of the room, there are dozens of old down comforters and pillows littering the floor, making it incredibly cozy. Then, there is a small couch in which I assembled myself. This is also covered in pillows and blankets. Of course I have an air recycler in there, so I can never suffocate and always have fresh air supply. Then comes everything else. I have colorful holiday lights strewn all over the ceiling, and stacks of books as tall as me, one stack of books I've written myself.I even have a portable charger, so I have a place to recharge my electronics. I also have a flashlight, and walls smothered in my drawings and paintings. Finally, I have a small refrigerator from pre apocalyptic times that works charms. Of course I often stock it with snacks, water, and tea. Hate the tea parties, not the tea.
I'm pretty proud of it, and feel like it could be my home. Usually it is very cold outside, but the lights and blankets keep me warm inside. The coolest part about it though, is that it really was a bunker. (I think). It's where I managed to find the MP3 players, a CD player, and the refridgerator. I even found a violin, which I have practiced for years, songs just like Lindsey Stirling. I spend all of my allowance on sheet music, and people still don't expect a thing.
My hideout is the definition of what I love, as stated earlier. It shows the way I wish I could dress, in huge, puffy, skirts that flow, unlike these. Or short skirts with long shorts and knee high socks. Or edgy cut out tank tops with suspenders, or corsets that aren't bland! I wish my hair was blue and purple, or that people understood. I wish to have four piercings on each ear, and every pair of combat boots or hiking boots to exist. Or even heels that could poke someone's eye out! Unfortunately, I only have one friend who understands.
Her name is Beau, and she seems to like the same things, especially the music. The downside is that she is already like that. She has jet black hair, always wears tattered skinny jeans, and wears lace tops. Even being my best friend she has no idea of the hangout. Exactly as it should be.

Author's note:
SORRY! I haven't been writing whatsoever lately! I don't even have writers block, which makes me feel bad. I also don't expect anyone to like this chapter that much, I tended to ramble in this one. Annalise sorta reflects me, ok a lot. Don't judge! She is literally my steampunk persona. Anyway, I will come out with new stories soon, one of which a short story, and one more.... unique. Um, if it weirds you out or confuses you, sorry, sort of an inside thing with my friends. Read if you want! Also, don't forget to check out the artists listed at the beginning of the page! No disappointment, as they are all very different artists. Why don't you guys comment your favorite musician! I'm always open to new artists. Also, tell me how you like the story! More updates soon. And so that the people skipping this, lemme confuse you and make you want to read the note. DID YOU KNOW THAT THE BANANA SLUG IS THE SECOND LARGEST SLUG IN THE WORLD AND CAN GROW TO BE UP TO TEN INCHES LONG? I'll let that sink in.
💜ya, byeeeeee

p.s the pic on the side is the pattern on Annalise and Gavin's hearts.

~Gelato