chapter 7

If getting away from Justin before wasn't hard enough, it definitely was now. I bit my lip as I watch him laugh at me when the door shut, he was still the same infuriating man from years ago and I hated it. By the look on his face and his body language , I could tell he hadn't lost that confident aurora about him. But I wasn't going to let him come into my life and cause mayhem once again , simply because I had a wonderful man and I know my worth. Justin was the type of man who deserved no woman to fill his heart, he didn't earn it correctly from my experience .

I wasn't sure why I was still thinking of him but, I knew one thing; I loathed him. Justin had no right to prance into my life as I was a growing business woman, I needed no distractions , Nigel was enough.

I sighed as I stared at the the passing buildings from the slightly tinted windows of the car. The fact that I was abandoning my date with my fiancé just to fix a problem that could've been taken care of by a capable worker , shows that my business would crash without my dedication and involvement.  I was sure that the model that they were having trouble with was just a brat who wanted different lighting or something.

If I couldn't leave my company for a day I knew I would make a mistake with giving Jamie a higher position. He was the one running the shoot, this was his first chance to prove to me that I could trust that he was capable of simply shooting for a handbag ad. Trust me, I wasn't going to scold him –but he will know that I expected better from him.

My phone suddenly vibrated in my hand, it was a message from Nigel; Sweetheart, Justin and I are going over to my home to see the blueprints for our project. Come join us once you're finish?

I rolled my eyes and thumbed a reply; No thanks baby, I'll probably just go home and take a bubble bath....without you.

Nigel 4:45pm: you always know how to bring a man to his knees, I'll be there to join you.

        I smiled slightly as I slid my phone back into my purse, Nigel was something else. There was one thing I️ loved about him, he made many sacrifices for me; he'd drop anything he was doing to tend to me. Although, I didn't think that was the right choice at times and often scold him about it, he still wouldn't care so much. Like The one time he left the middle of his business meeting because I'd told him that the barista at the local cafe had pissed me off, only to go and get the man fired.

They treat me like royalty now.

There were plenty of times that Nigel's vigilant behavior has gotten out of hand; and I warn him, that is the easiest way to lose me. I've grown to dislike when any man thinks it is fine to interfere with my life with their overbearing qualities. Maybe, I believe, it is because of my past relationship or my animosity has grown out of thin air.

"Ms. Smith?" The sound of the divers deep tone brought me from my self judgement, "c'est ton arrêt, oui?"

"Oui," I acknowledged, sending a gentle smile towards the driver who seemed to have a concerned frown on his face, the door was open and I felt the cool breeze of the Paris summer weather brush against my exposed legs. I gathered my small purse and exited the car, taking the hand of the driver as aid. "Merci"

    As I entered the building, many of my employees were at work or pretended to be; nonetheless, everyone looked productive. The interns running copies and important notes to others, the sound of rapid typing filled my ears. Many of the studios filled with working photographers and interns also, the only difference was that there was one particular room that had been at a stand still.