Chapter 2

Sakura pov

Ugh! I hate acting like I'm happy all the time! Ahem.. I went to the 24/7 market I always go to, especially meant for ninja that come come late from missions. I get the usual: milk, eggs, tomatoes since I know Sasuke likes them, etc. Anyway, at the cash register, I glance at the clock. Damn, it's already 5:30 and I still need to get some medical supplies. I paid for the groceries and bagged them and was about to pick them up when someone picked them up for me already. I whipped around to look at them.

"Sasuke?"

"Hn?" He looked at me as if he didn't want to be there, he look like he was being forced to help me. I raised a brow.

"What are you doing here?"

Scowling, he mumbled, "You never gave me your address."

I cringed inwardly. How embarrassing! "Ah. Do you mind dropping these bags off when you go to my house?"

"Hn."

"I'll take that as a no." I fished out my keys and shoved them in his hands. "My house is near the hospital. 184 Akira Drive. I have to go pick up a few medical things, well gotta go!" I said waving before dashing off.

Sasuke pov

What the hell? She doesn't bother to say sorry, and then runs off leaving me with all these bags? You didn't ever say sorry to Sakura, so why should she say sorry to you? I did, one time.. When you were in the verge of death, after your fight with Naruto! And she deserved it, unlike you. YOU TRIED TO KILL HER MORE THAN ONCE! Yeah, and? *inner falls anime style* Ya know, for someone at the top of his class...you're pretty stupid. Whatever. I have to go drop these off.

184 Akira Drive was a decent-sized home. It had a medium-sized garden in the back, with cosmos, hydrangeas, and more. There was even a bench underneath a willow tree that stood over a manmade pond. It wasn't as flashy as the Uchiha compound, but it was impressive for that pink haired fangirl I used to know. I went back to the front and unlocked the door. I stepped inside, taking in the modern yet simple   design. The walls were a light periwinkle and the furniture was white and black. Very girly if you ask me. I walked to what I presumed was the kitchen. I set the bags down in the counter and put the items away. I grabbed a tomato and munched on it while going to the garden again. We should probably train. We haven't done so in awhile.

"Hn." I agreed with my inner. But where to train... I thought of training grounds 7 where the bell test took place. A wave of nostalgia washed  over me. I thought of the bell test, our first C-ranked mission, the Chuunin exams...the time I left Sakura alone at the bench. A voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Do you like the garden?" A cheery voice asked.

I looked down at the pink haired medic. "Hn." I turned and headed towards the house. Sakura followed close behind me and her small pace went faster to catch up with mine. Eventually she passed me. Then she started skipping on the stepping stones that lead to her screen porch. Sakura slid open the door and gestured me to go inside. I went inside warily, but relaxed when I saw some kind of soup on the stove.

"Do you want me to show you your room?" I nodded and she smiled softly.

"Follow me." She walked quietly upstairs and I followed. On the walls of the second floor were pictures of her family, when she was a baby, and I finally stopped to look at the picture. Kakashi ruffling mine and Naruto's hair. Sakura was in the middle, looking happy.

"Those were the good days, eh?" I nodded. "When all I had to worry about was looking good for you.. My precious Sasuke-kun." Sakura almost spat. She turned and walked briskly. "I think it was good that you left for awhile... It certainly made me grow up. Sure it was painful...but look at me now," she turned around, her emerald eyes shining brightly. "I surpassed the fifth Hokage! Now I am in a successful career, head if the hospital, and a sensei to my three young genin."

Has that much really happened since I was gone? Was she happy that I left, or was she upset? Where was the annoying fangirl that would shriek whenever she saw me... Why hasn't I noticed the potential she had? Because you pushed everyone away in exchange for revenge. Sakura and Naruto never gave up on you. We're lucky to have such amazing friends...

"Here is your room." I followed her into a medium-ish room with light gray walls. The curtains were drawn, but Sakura opened them wide and opened the windows. The bedsheets were a baby blue. "It's not much, but I think it'll suffice. Oh and I got you some extra clothes and toiletries!" She went to go find them and I stared at the room. Where were her parents? Are they gone, did Sakura move out?

"You can come in, ya know!" She chuckled lightly. I didn't realize I've been standing in the doorway the whole time.

"Hn."

Sakura handed me a medium sized stack of clothes, and a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. I nodded in thanks and for the first time since I was here, looked into her mesmerizing eyes. She was desperately asking why, and I didn't know. We held contact for an awkward 30 seconds, but then she coughed and cleared her throat before leaving the room saying, "I'll be in the kitchen! Whenever you're hungry just come downstairs."

Sakura pov

It hurts making him feel like I'm happy he left, but it hurt. It took a while to get over him, 2 years! And still I'm not over him. I handed him his toiletries and clothes and left saying, "I'll be in the kitchen! Whenever you're hungry just come downstairs." I went downstairs to check on the tomato soup I was making earlier. I taste tested it and something was missing...carrots? I quickly chopped some up, but I cut myself. "DAMMIT!" I yelled. Now all the carrots were contaminated! I rinsed my hands and was about to use medical ninjutsu, but I didn't have any chakra, because I was working. I sighed and went rummaging through a drawer to find a bandage. Just then, Sasuke came in, probably to see what had caused me to yell.

He stood there, crossing his arms, raised a brow, and waited for an explanation. "I cut myself." I muttered.

"So heal it." He replied, with a 'duh?' expression on his face.

"I can't!"

He frowned, then smirked. "I thought you were supposed to be a medic."

Give him an attitude, CHA! I scoffed at Sasuke and said, "Unlike you, I actually have a job. And that job, is to save lives, not take them! If you're going to act like a prick in MY house, I will kick you out!" I stormed off to my room even though it was my house. After everything, after saving him and Naruto after their big fight, after his 'life changing' journey, after the fucking Fourth Great Ninja war, he still underestimates me! If it weren't for me, he would be dead!

Sasuke pov

I smirked after she left. I had pressed her buttons to see her reaction, and she was still the same sassy kunoichi I knew. I went over to where she was working, there was blood all over the cutting board. I sighed. Still the same careless kunoichi, too. Someone needs to watch her, too.