Chapter Five

I wake up and realize I'm on a cold concrete floor. I look around and I can't see much.

I hear a door open and steps coming toward me. In a few seconds a tall figure stands over me.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"Oh sweetie, you don't know?" A voice of a woman echoes back to me.

"Obviously not. That's kinda why I asked." I say like a smart ass.

"Well, you see you're somewhere no one can find you." She says and kneels down to stroke my face.

"Who are you?" I say starting to get irritated.

"I'm—"

"Missy." A familiar voice echoes around the room. It seems to come from the corner and when I looked, tears come to my eyes.

"RILEY!" I scream and try to get over to her but soon realize I'm chained to the floor and it's obvious Missy wants us to not be near each other. "Riley, what did she do to you?!"

"Nothing, well not in awhile. If you listen to her she won't hurt us." She says quietly and looks to her feet.

"YOU BITCH!" I scream at the kidnapper.

Missy stands up and kicks me in the stomach. Then, she smiles maniacally. "You'll regret that. She'll learn eventually my dear Riley." She walks slowly but swiftly to the weak girl on the floor twiddling with her fingers. You can see the fear in her eyes.

"Please...she didn't know....I'll tell her; teach her to follow you—" Riley is cut off quickly by a slap in the face. Tears stream down her face as she holds in the whimpers.

"Riles..." I try to break free to comfort the changed girl. She used to be so happy and unknowing of the evil in this world.

"Ok Missy... what do you want from us?" I say looking at the deranged girl standing above my once best friend.

"I want your families to suffer, like me."

"What do you mean? You have a perfect family." I ask confused.

"I did, but I told Mr.Matthews about how my father abused me and he got Topanga to put him in jail. They decided my family didn't treat me right and put me in Foster care. My mother soon went crazy and cut her way into Heaven or Hell. I'm not sure which one she's in but it's Riley's family's fault for my unfortunate events. That's why I've bullied her, that's why she deserves death just like my mother!" She says getting closer and closer to Riley. She counts to 10 and backs away slowly keeping eye contact with her.

"But why am I here?" I say aloud.

"You want to know who adopted me Ms. Hart?"

"..."

"Kermit Hart. That's correct, your father. He has taken care of me for the past year or so and I brought it upon myself to take in my dear sweet sister." She takes a step closer and eventually is at eye level.

Suddenly, I felt something impale my skin and as I look down to my thigh, I see...

AUTHOR NOTE

hey everyone so it's been quite awhile but I actually(finally) am ready to get past my writers block and try to get started again for you all. Make sure you leave comments and likes if you want to see the next chapter ❤️

//mady