Chapter Seven: My Shepard (Part Two)

Tristan's POV
Yates and I put on our clothes silently. I didn't want to talk to him, look at him, anything. I didn't even want to look at myself. I became the one thing that I've been trying to avoid a in a relationship for as long as I've dated; a cheater. Instead of losing my virginity to the guy I might be in love with, I lost it to the guy who.. I might be in love with.. oh shit. No, no, no, no. I can't do this with Yates. I can't be in love with him. It's not going to end well. He doesn't love me; he shouldn't. After everything that happened last term, it's not even conceivable, right?

Before I left, I turned to Yates.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Tristan.." Yates said as he caressed my arm.

I yanked it away angrily. I needed answers.

"I got you in a lot of trouble. I've cost your job, your reputation, and even your life, in a sense. I've ruined any chance of you ever finding another teaching job in Toronto, or quite possibly anywhere else. I've caused you so much stress. Hell, you're now considered a pedophile by the entire student body, and even the whole freaking county! I've practically ruined everything about you in the blink of an eye, but yet here you are in the drama room, with me, the guy who did all this. The last time I saw you, you made it perfectly clear that you never wanted anything to do with me ever again. I don't understand why you're here. I don't understand why I slept with you. My virginity is gone, and the person I wanted to give it to can now never ever have it. If you came here to return the favor, congrats, you've succeeded. My life is going to be significantly harder and more complicated now. I hate you. I hate you for making me think that you loved me. For taking advantage of me. For using me for sex. I never want to see or hear from you again. Goodbye, Mr. Yates."

I walked out of the room and didn't look back. I had tears streaming down my face, but I tried to silence my cries. What the hell am I going to do now?

Just then I hear Miles yelling for me. I go run to him, when all of a sudden I hear:
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Oh shit.

8/31/16: thanks for reading! More to come soon!