Familiar Eyes

"Hey Mel, you okay?" Kamille's concerned filled voice ambushed me. "Anyways you got a package with a letter. Welcome home dear."
"Well then, let me see them. Did anyone call while I was away? And the way you kicked me out this morning, I didn't think you'd be happy to see me." I said in a monotone.
"Well don't worry, the feeling won't last that long." She said and left me with a bad feeling in my gut. I tried not to mull over and went to my bedroom.

An arranged marriage to someone who I have no idea about. Well ain't that fantastic!!But what does Mr. Smith mean by bankrupt? What did he do for the business to reach at a breaking point? All these questions bombarded me at once.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my trance though. Kamille entered with a package. I felt my face contort to display my confusion. She handed me the package and said
"I didn't you had a secret admirer."
At this, I scoffed. I sent a sharp nod in her direction, silently telling her to leave the room and she did.
Shakily, my hands opened the box, only reveal a blue dress with silver and the same shade of blue accessories. Below the dress was a pair of blue stilettos and even I had to admit that the person who picked this had a good sense of fashion.How unfortunate is it that blue is one of my favorite colors?
Very

How unfortunate is it that blue is one of my favorite colors? Very

Suddenly, the card fell out.
Dear Amelia Richmond (soon to be Hawthorne),

I'll pick you up at seven thirty this evening. Be on time cause I don't like waiting- until then.
J.Hawthorne.

Was all written neatly on the card in what seems to be his handwriting. Well bossy much!
I went to my closet and changed into a suit to work out and headed straight to my gym, where I burnt off some stress I never knew I had.

It was now five o'clock, so I decided that it was time for me to start getting ready. I went up and started a bath in which I sat soaked my body and shaved my caramel skin until I was smooth, soft and almost silky. I stepped out, dried myself and put on some makeup. I blow dried my black thick mane, straightened and pinned my hair up, leaving a few strands to frame my face.
Remember to negotiate something he can't resist.
I chant in my head over and over, as well as a reminder to always give him a cold shoulder. Let's just say that falling in love is not a good option at all.
Everybody you love and will ever love will die because of you.
The nagging voice reminded me. I gingerly reopened the box and put the dress on, accompanied by the accessories that came with the dress. It looked like a knee length dress. However, it stopped a bit above knee because of my curvaceous figure.
Seven twenty five was the time I finish. I sprayed a bit of perfume and went downstairs. Unfortunately for me, something happened which is not familiar with me at all; I started to get nervous. This however I was not familiar with. For I don't normally get nerves.
Ding dong
I realize that Kamille was gone. The bell too had rung exactly at seven thirty. I made my way to the door, only for it to ring again. Impatience declaring itself as an attribute of this person. This irritated me a bit.
"No need to chime my ears off with the doorbell I heard y-" only to be cut off when I opened the door and realize who was standing at my door.
Familiar blue eyes sent me cold icy greetings while his face showed irritation and impatience. Suddenly, someone threw a mental brick at me telling me that it was the arrogant jerk from this morning.
"Oh hell no!" With that slammed the door in his face and leaned against it. He had the audacity to ring the bell again. I opened it, only for me to be greeted by a husky deep voice saying
"Told you I'll see again."

---------------------------------------------
Sup peeps. Date night is up next and maybe Jason's pov.
Vote and comment.💜💜