Chapter 11

(Kris's POV)

              "The maps make this look easy." Russell mused, as him and Nate looked at the maps.

               "Considering no one's successfully made it off this island before, I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's not as straightforward as it looks." I remind him, rolling my eyes at my boyfriend. I loved him, but sometimes the stupid things that come out of his mouth..

              "Well ones to the antidote, the other is the piece of treasure we need." Nathan pointed out, tracing his fingers along the map as he showed Russell. "Plus look what the main map says. Face your past, or your fears, you can't move forward if you're looking back." Nate read aloud, and Russell furrowed his brows, at the message, confused.

               "So basically we're in for some weird shit." I scoffed. We knew coming here some weird shit was going to go down, we just don't know what exactly yet.

               "Not to mention it's been almost a half an hour, so if one of us got drugged it might kick in soon.." Arabella added.

"Let's hope we don't need the antidote." Russell glanced at us, making Arabella glare.

"Way to jinx it.. Damn don't voice that kinda shit. Bad juju..." Arabella warns, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Okay how about we get going now..." Nate interrupts, nudging Arabella in the direction we needed to go, and we all start trying to find our way through the vast jungle.

So far mostly the only other signs of life we had seen were colorful tropic birds, of different varieties, that none of us had seen anywhere.

Damn.. I hope the others are okay, and we all make it out of this.. I thought to myself, as we kept going. "Hey uh can we sit down a sec?" Arabella asks, slightly pale, as she plops down on the ground, leaning her head down on her knees, as she starts to take deep breaths, like she's trying to calm herself or some shit.

"Fuck." Nate curses, sitting down next to her. "Okay.. Talk to us, do you feel sick, anything hurt?" He asks, starting to sound a little worried. Couldn't blame him, considering she could have gotten the poison.

She shook her head no. "Nothing hurts. Everything spinning... Make it stop... The trees are bleeding blue... Blue stuff coming out of the trees..." She rambled.

"What the fuck.." Russ raised an eyebrow, and I elbowed him, shaking my head.

"She got one of the drugs, probably not the poison." I answered him quietly.

Arabella looked up, eyes wide, looking around, glancing at us, but it didn't seem like she actually saw us. "Where is everyone?" She asked, getting up abruptly, drawing her sword as she backed away. "Nate? Kris? Russ?" She called out, still looking around.

"The fuck we're right in front of you." Russ told her. She looked towards him then, but instead of looking relived, her eyes hardened, keeping her sword drawn. Shit.

"Where? All I see.. There's these dark creatures.. They have glowing red eyes... Stay back!" She yelled, as Russ took a step towards her.

"Russ stay back dammit!" I hissed, drawing my own sword just in case. I wasn't going to fight her, but I didn't want to be scrambling for my sword if she charged us either.

"What the fuck. We can't... This is fucked up." Russ mumbled, stepping back carefully.

"Tomboy can you hear me?" Nate asks, taking a slow step forward. Lord help the boy to not get cut.