Chapter 5

(Luna's POV)

"The prince will see you now miss." The young mermaid announced, that opened the door to my room.

I nodded, following her out of my room, out into the hallway. She was small, delicate looking. She was shorter than me, with long, dirty blonde hair, and green eyes. Her tail was pink, and she avoided making eye contact for too long. I followed behind her quietly, mostly looking around, seeing if there was anything I could use as a weapon.

The hallways were mostly decorated with tables, as well as a few paintings. There were vases and other trinkets on the tables we passed, though nothing seemed like it was sturdy enough to use as a weapon. Most of it looked like it would break if I touched it, let alone trying to hit someone with it.

We finally reached a large doorway, the young mermaid gestured for me to go in, before quickly swimming away. I go in, glancing around at the room. It was like a parlor of sorts, with couches, and various decorations. There were a few interesting paintings, and as well as some jewels displayed in glass. I scanned the jewels, looking for anything that could be the Heart of Zerzura, though I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. I heard it was a big jewel, so I scanned the glass cases, looking for the biggest jewel.

I noted a pair of swords hanging from the wall, which might be of some use as well. "Do jewels interest you?" A voice asked, drawing my attention to the center of the room, by the couches.

My gaze landed on who I assume was the Mer Prince. He was tall, lean yet muscular. He was tan, like he might have spent some time on land, with messy dark black hair, and bright green eyes. His tail a pretty green, similar to his eyes.

"As a pirate I'd have to say treasure and jewels hold a certain appeal." I answer, smirking slightly.

I wasn't sure what to make of him, though I resented being taken here, he didn't seem unkind. Maybe he didn't know how I got here. Maybe, just maybe I could convince him to let me go.

"A pirate mermaid? Interesting." He says, raising an eyebrow in question. He looked slightly intrigued, so I swam slightly closer, but kept a safe distance.

"Did they not tell you where I came from?" I ask, trying not to sound too hopeful.

"No. They didn't. This was all an arrangement between our parents." He adds, shaking his head, as he frowns slightly.

"Well. Let me tell you then." I say, and this catches his attention, his eyes meeting mine as he nods, signaling me to go on. "I was taken against my will, out of a navy prison, where my crew was being wrongfully held captive. I have lived most of my life on land, my parents abandoning me at a young age. So really, they have no right to make any deals or arrangements involving me, or on my behalf. They barely know me.." I add bitterly, as I swim slowly around the room as I talk.

"I have no wish to stay here, for my home is with my crew, and they are my family. They are in trouble, and need my help. We are being threatened by blackbeard and Davy Jones, and need specific treasures to trade in order for them to leave us alone, and keep our ship. So, I'll tell you now, I'll not be staying here with you. Though I'd prefer for you to just let me go, I'm prepared to fight my way out." I finish, shooting the prince a glare as I stop in front of the swords on the wall, ready to grab them.

He chuckles slightly, shaking his head as he laughs, much to my surprise. "Luna is it? A feisty one aren't you?" He says, still laughing. "I was not aware of this, and I don't know what you think of me, but regardless of what my parents, or yours for that matter, want, I would never force anyone to stay here if they don't want to. Plus I'm sure an arranged marriage is something that is not easy to agree to as well." He adds, smiling at me.