CHAPTER FIVE

Abhisek as shivam

Kanika as Pousani

As the procedure started, Shivam's heartbeat raced rapidly

As the procedure started, Shivam's heartbeat raced rapidly. Now that he was feeling nervous. What would be her reaction? Above all what would be his family's reaction after knowing about his decision? He needed to talk to his family first. He thought.

The whole procedure took 2 hours. The time he held the paper of her release, a bright grin captured his lip. He beamed like never before. The smile was genuine n full of innocence. He didn't know how to react. He just knew only thing, what he was doing was right. Keeping the paper inside his office bag, he left for his home. The speed of his heart beat increased as he crossed the entrance of their house. His father was sitting on couch n watching news. His face was stern. It made Shivam more jumpy. He took two steps forward n stopped as his brother joined his father. He gulped hard. ''dad'' he chirped in slow voice like a scared kid. ''hmm'' his eyes were still on TV as an important news going on.

'' I want to say something''

'' say'' his eyes shifted from TV to him. ''I want to give a chance to this marriage...'' he said in a go. Silent prevailed all the surrounding. All eyes were on him. It was like they saw an alien. ''I am sorry dad. I know, by taking this decision, m hurting you. I really don't mean that but I can't change my decision. My fate has welcomed her in my life. Now that I want to respect the decision of my fate. I just want to trust my fate n I want all of you to trust me.'' Shivam explained everything very politely. The entire family was in a mute mode. Shivam looked at everyone. Everyone just gawking at him except his father. He was looking down. His silence made Shivam feel horrible. Did he hurt his father? The question was still awake in his mind when his father looked up n started. '' look Shivam, it's your life. So the choice should be yours. I never forced you to do any choice neither I would. Just make sure you wouldn't regret for your decision. Except this, our whole family will welcome her with a warm heart.'' As his father, finished Shivam hugged him. After many time they hugged in this way. The feeling was so amazing n enough not to be explained in words. When his father caressed his hair, he felt like crying. It reminded about his childhood when his father used to tie his shoe less before leaving for office.

'' I promise dad, I won't '' he said with a grin. ''I did it maa. See I have risked all the things I had n I didn't lose anything.'' His inner soul chirped happily. He was 25 but the innocence his heart had, anyone might be able to have. Peeping a thank you his dad, he left for his destination. There, he performed all the procedure he needed to. Now the time was, she to come. N she came out. Shivam couldn't help just kept looking at her way. The girl was the same with whom his destiny had hitched.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

'' dad.. You shouldn't have given Shivam permission. That girl? It's impossible for me to accept her. Usne bohat bura kia humare chhotu k sath. For first time in my life, I saw him crying. He was too broken'' Shivam's brother explained n his wife devi supported him. Till the rime his father was silent. He looked up.

'' do you really think I accepted her? Nope. I can't accept her so soon. But I trust my son. If he has accepted her then as his family we should respect his decision. Take your own time to accept her. No one is forcing you but don't reject her n respect her. N have faith on your brother's faith'' Abhimanyu (Shivam's brother) understood what his father trying to say. If he didn't, he trusted his father like Shivam trusted his mother. Their bond was so strong. The base of their family was trust. Shivam was the last child of their family. He was so pampered by his parents by his two siblings as well by his bhabi. They couldn't see him in pain. That day they watched him breaking down. Their edge of calmness broke n they became violent n harsh. Today Shivam's decision pushed them inside a confusing world but harsh made them understand n they all agreed to accept his fate to their family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As all the formalities were done, Shivam approached her. She was standing there clueless. The officer nearby table asked her to sign. She signed all the papers n forwarded all those to the officer. The officer checked all those n shook his head.

'' mam please sign all these as Pousani Poul not as Pousani Roy.'' Pousani looked at him horrified. 'But..'' '' but, if kuchh ni. He is right. You should know that we are married n our divorce has dismissed. Sign it n come with me...''

Shivam was in a hurry. It seemed. Pousani was still in shock. She was still absorbing the situation. She was confused. Did she hear right or she was assuming herself? '' mam, please sign.''

Now that, the officer was irritated. Like a zombie, she signed all the documents. '' you are free now.'' The officer said n handed her a packet. She clutched the packet near her chest. Shivam looked at the packet with curiosity but didn't get anything to see. The officer shook his head looking at him. He faked a smile n left the place with Pousani. As they came outside, Pousani increased her speed.

'' Pousani.. stop'' she heard him shouting. It increase4d her fear more n she improved her speed.

To be continued...

BuO=