Chapter 8: The Strongest Team

Kiro woke up late the next morning in his room, the blanket somehow spread out on the floor. "How'd that get there," he mumbled sleepily as he sat up, then reached over and picked up the blanket. He set it down on the bed in a bundle and got off the bed. He stretched and looked around his small room. The walls were painted red and the carpet was dark grey. His backpack lay on a wooden desk pushed up against the wall. "Oh, right. New house." He yawned before heading downstairs to get something to eat. When he arrived, Kukiko, Jett, and Aurora were already there sitting at the table eating what looked like the breakfast meals you could buy at McDonald's. Kiro took a seat at the table and smiled. "Mornin' gang. What's for breakfast?" He asked as he looked inside one of the bags. Kukiko took a sip of her orange juice. Oh just some . . . fast . . . food . . . " She stared at Kiro, then looked away when he looked at her, occasionally glancing back at him. Aurora stared as her face turned bright red. She looked down at her food, trying not to stare.

"What?" Kiro asked and tilted his head.

Jett sighed and took a bite out of his sandwich. "You're not wearing a shirt. Where is it."

"Huh," Kiro said as he looked down at his shirtless self, the only clothing items he was wearing being his boxers and red shorts. "Oh. What about it."

"It's . . . distracting," Kukiko said, trying not to make it obvious that she was looking.

Aurora nodded and squeaked, "V-Very."

Kiro looked down at himself again. He was very fit and in good shape. He wasn't buff or extremely muscular, but he was lean and well defined. "I mean I guess. I'll go throw a shirt on I guess." He gets off the chair and goes back upstairs to put a shirt on. Aurora sighs with relief and relaxes, and Kukiko eases up.

"Jeez," Kukiko said, taking a long sip of her orange juice. "I hope that doesn't become a daily occurrence."

Aurora fidgeted and scratched her head. "Well, to be honest, it wasn't too bad."

"I suppose so."

Jett rolled his eyes and said, "It wasn't that impressive, but whatever." Kiro came back down a few moments later wearing a white v-neck and sat on his seat. "So, what'd you get me?"

"Look for yourself," Jett responded.

"Aww I'm too lazy though," Kiro complained as he reached into one of the bags and pulled out a breakfast burrito. "Awesome! A burrito! Gracias mi amigos!" He smiled happily and scarfed down the burrito quickly. "Mmm, now that was good." He pats his stomach and puts his hands behind head.

"You sure eat fast," Kukiko chuckled.

"I like to think that the strongest Slayers have the biggest appetites." Kiro grinned. "Well, today's our day off. What do ya think we should do?"

"Let's go to the library," Aurora suggested. "There's a book I want to get."

"I think we should go to a coffee shop or something," Jett said as he pointed to his empty coffee mug.

"I'm down for whatever," Kukiko added as she finished her orange juice.

"Well then let's just do all of that!" Kiro smiled brightly. "But first we should get--" He was interrupted by a knock on their front door. "Oo, I got it!" He said as he walked to the door and opened it. "Hello! How can I help--" Kiro was interrupted again, this time by a boy a year or so older than him. He had snow white hair, and his eyes were dark blue. He wore a navy blue overcoat, dark brown chinos, and black skate shoes.

"Is this Team 4's house?" He asked, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"This is it," Kiro said, a hint of suspicion in his voice. "Who are--" He was interrupted yet again as the boy walked right into the house, slightly pushing Kiro out of the way. He was followed by three other people, a boy and two girls. The first girl had long black hair that went down to her waist. Her eyes were dark brown and the expression on her face was cold and intimidating. She wore a simple blue t-shirt, black knee length skirt, and grey sneakers. The second girl had long silvery hair and storm grey eyes. She wore a light grey v-neck shirt, black jeans, and knee-high biker boots. She grinned as she walked in and adjusted her fingerless gloves. The last person to walk in, a boy, had unkept jet black hair with multiple red streaks in it. His eyes were dark red and he wore a black sweater, black jeans, and red sneakers. His face was blank and expressionless. The four of them went into the living room and sat on the couch. They looked like they were expecting to be brought drinks.