Chapter 2

2:30 hours later the movie was over and I was walking towards the exit of the room. My eyes were still watery dude to the unexpected ending.

-Shitty producers, I said to no one in particular. They are going to make me pay again for the sequel. I smiled to myself though. "Another Star Wars movie! Those sure are some good ne...w..."

-Ow! I exclaimed as I bumped to the person in front of me.

-Nike?! He said.

I curiously looked up in order to see the person who was calling my name.

-My God it is you! How long has it been?

-Hey, I said faking a smile. I knew the guy. We used to play together when we were kids. Then his parents moved taking my only friend away from me. Nice.

-What's up? I asked trying to remember his name. "Shit". No luck at all. "How did he even recognize me anyway? I look nothing like I did back then. I had straightened my naturally curly hair and was wearing glasses", I thought.

-Oh my God you sure have grown! Let me introduce you to the others. He said dragging me towards his friends. "Perfect...More people".

-Everyone this is Nike my childhood friend, he announced to a group of people.

-Nice to meet you, said a blond girl first, dressed as a jedi. I am........ I didn't pay attention to her name. It is not like we will ever meet again.

The same thing went on for the rest of the group. They would tell me stuff I would instantly forget and then scatter off. Last came a boy about my age with pitch black curly short hair.

-Holly fuck it has been so long! He almost shouted as he unexpectedly hugged me.

My eyes widened from the shock and from the fact that his embrace was very...warm. I instantly push him off and take a more careful look at his face. He seemed familiar but I could not recall my connection to him or his name. I looked up to see his life span. 70 more years. "That's good" I thought to myself. "Wait, why do I even care for a stranger like him?"

-How have you been? You probably don't remember me. I am john his best friend. He said pointing out my childhood friend. We used to play together at his house, he added.

-Oh yeah, I said genuinely, since I did, after all, remember him.

-Hey what are you doing now? He suddenly asked.

-Well... I was about to head home, I replied.

-Why don't you come with us? He said. We are going for burgers. "Why is he so good to me? Are my life numbers about to reach zero?" I started feeling sick. Even though I hated my life I was not ready to say goodbye yet.

-Don't worry, he smiled warmly. It has nothing to do with your life span. It is just that I have not seen you for a long time.

Was he reading my mind? I did not give much thought to it and simply nodded a weak "ok".