CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17

I was transferred into yet another memory this time it was my late girlfriend's. Crystal was in her room or her attic to be exact. Their parents allowed her to use it as long as she was cleaning it. I could see her in a corner of her bed, leaning against the wall and holding her favourite plushie named No. She was crying.

«Fuck! I told her to call me whenever she was crying». This was a precaution. I hated leaving her alone with her bad thoughts, since she always ended up hurting herself.

Her eyes seemed hollow. She must have been crying for a long time now. Weirdly enough her room was really tidy. Knowing her she would always "make a mess when she was a mess." She once told me she can belong that way.

So I was surprised to see everything in place, apart from a folded piece of paper.

I stared at it as I moved closer and picked it up. I did not even wonder how I could touch something inside a memory.

It was a letter from Richmond, the college she wanted to attend. She has been declined attendance due to letter from her parents or something. I got confused so I kept on reading, until I stumbled upon the words "homosexual relationships".

«What the fuck does this have to do with her application? Did her parents found out about our relationship?»

All of a sudden the small kitten Crystal owned, named Ophelia, sneaked inside her room. Crystal saw that and urged the cat to come sit on her lap.

Ophelia nodded and slid inside Crystal's arms, purring happily. My late girlfriend smiled.

-Hey girl... she said. How have you been?

Ophelia did not reply oc, but looked at her owner curiously and then proceeded to lick her face swiftly.

-Ah.. I guess you don't usually see me sad like this... Sorry... Just some bad things happened.

"What bad things?" I asked out loud but no sound came out.

-My parents you see... They send a letter to the uni I wanted to go. Crystal continued. I really don't know what the letter said, but I sure it was about my love with Nike... Ahh that girl... You have seen her Ophelia, right? She is... impulsive and simply gorgeous.

She paused and smiled.

-But now my future is destroyed. All the universities I have applied to have turned me down... I should never have fallen for her... I should never have showed my parents I have fallen for her.

Her eyes became watery again.

-But... she sobbed. Someone saw us on the street...and...just...

She could not speak anymore. She simply cried and sobbed.

My heart sank. It was all my fault. All she was going through. All my freaking fault.

«Fuck.» My eyes stung and my breath hitched abnormally. I wanted to curl in a ball and die. But how could I face her in the afterlife? What was I supposed to say?

«Fuck.»

I wish I could forget everything and everyone. All the terrible things I have done...

«I guess the demon can help...»

Suddenly I was back on my apartment and the demon's words echoed in my ear. I remember it telling me how this wish will bring me pain. But this was beyond pain. It was unbearable. I needed drugs or... another wish.

I wonder if Crystal's parents were still at their house. Or if they knew what was happening.

I looked at the clock. 9 p.m. «I guess I can go pay them a visit. Ask them a few things too. «Tell them she is dead too». I laughed bitterly and moved to the front door.